Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Drivers side mirror not returning after reversing

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2022, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side mirror not returning after reversing

When I get into 2019 Chevrolet Impala Premier and start it, all memory settings are going to the normal set points. When I put the vehicle in reverse, the mirror angles down as normal. When I shift it into drive or park at that point, the mirror moves up slightly and then starts moving as if it's stuck on something and stops. The odd part about this is that if I switch it to a manual operation and move it to where it should be, it freely moves with no issue. Moved like stuck on auto-return, but freely by my hand? No hindrance or lack of fluid movement at all.

The other odd part about this is that if I hold down memory setting number one (which is mine), the mirror will move to the set point. As will the passenger mirror. Yet, if I then hold down memory button one again, the passenger mirror will stay in its set point (due to the fact that it's already where it's set to be) and the driver mirror will move slightly inward and sometimes slightly upward. This will continue to happen every single time I hold down memory button one. The driver side mirror continues to move even though it's already in the place it should be and was set to, while the passenger side mirror operates normally and stays still (where it should and is set to be). T

Again, this is confusing because each time that I put it in reverse, it moves fluidly down to where it should be and then as I shift to park or drive, the mirror moves up in tiny little movements and stops. Again if I move it by switching it manually it moves completely free and fluid in every direction with every command.
IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE?