Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala 2014 MyLink voice prompts

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2013, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Impala 2014 MyLink voice prompts

Well, seems that MyLink in the 2014 Impala 2LTZ enjoys resetting my Voice Prompts from "Fast" and "Short" to "Long" and "Slow". I set the preferences from the MyLink screen: "Settings/Voice/" etc. I come back the next day and What's Her Name starts reading a chapter about my Nav command. I check the settings and they've gone back to "Long/Slow" rather than "Short/Fast". Stop giggling, OK?

It's the only problem I've found with the MyLink software/firmware. Of course, it only happens when I need it to work properly! Can anyone help? Thanks! ~Joe
Old December 17th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Joe Bowtie,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Navigation system. Our Infotainment Customer Support Team is available to address any concerns you may have pertaining to your MyLink system. I've provided their contact information below for your convenience. If there's anything we can try to look into for you, please feel free to message us your VIN.

Infotainment Customer Support: 855-428-3669

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing. I adjust settings and a few days later they areall reset to factory original. I called customer care and was told it shouldnot be doing that and to take it to the dealer. I have not taken it in yet. Itseems to me when I try to access my media and I get the message ‘A media deviceis initializing” that is when it gets reset, but I cannot be 100% sure. It is annoyingand I wish they would fix it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>