Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New Here

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2016, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here

Hi,I have a 2000 Impala LS VIN # 2G1WH55K0Y9169777; I recently Picked up this car; solid 3.8 Series 2,drivetrain also .Prior owner was not mechanicly inclined,radiator was dry & power steering not fuctioning
I am going to Non-Op the car and fix the cooling system and steering.The car does run and drive,no Knocks from the 3.8.my question to the Forum is: what options are on the car (i.e. supension).
I paid 100.00 dollars for the car...so i have a project.No rust on the car, minor body damage;power locks,windows and sunroof work great A/C & Radio don't work -but,that is down the road some.
I live in Independence KY.
Thanks Again.
Bob
Old June 1st, 2016, 2:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Bob, Welcome to the forum! As I was reading your post, I noticed your VIN was a link, clicking on it brought me to VIN Decoder - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums at this site where it does a pretty good job telling you about your Impala. Good luck with your car. I'm sure you will find all the help you need while going through it. Dry radiator? Keep a close watch on your engine oil to make sure it is not going in the crankcase. The lower manifold gaskets if they have not been changed can cause the oil to go in the cooling system, antifreeze to go into the oil, or external oil/antifreeze leaks depending how they failed. My 2001 Impala LS had engine oil migrating into the cooling system. I ended up replacing the lower manifold gaskets myself.