Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Strobe-like effect for blinker.

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 8:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strobe-like effect for blinker.

Hi,
I was just wondering how I can modify my 04 Chevy Impala blinkers to work with that strobe effect like the emergency vehicles.
Thanks
Optimus
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Optimus
Hi,
I was just wondering how I can modify my 04 Chevy Impala blinkers to work with that strobe effect like the emergency vehicles.
Thanks
Optimus
Check out online-led-store.com. They carry a variety of strobe lights and you will certainly be able to find something you like there. I would recommend LED Hideaway - LAMPHUS SnakeEye SEHA06 for your application.
Old May 26th, 2013, 4:30 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I believe that the strobes are actually added to the light housing as a separate unit, the blinker itself is not modified to strobe... also keep in mind that state laws my prohibit the use of strobes or other colored lights that can be "perceived" as official emergency vehicles...

I to have wanted to look into them though but most of the real packages I have seen are pretty pricey for the occasional showing off....
Old May 28th, 2013, 2:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
I believe that the strobes are actually added to the light housing as a separate unit, the blinker itself is not modified to strobe... also keep in mind that state laws my prohibit the use of strobes or other colored lights that can be "perceived" as official emergency vehicles...

I to have wanted to look into them though but most of the real packages I have seen are pretty pricey for the occasional showing off....
Yea...not including the Trooper behind him!
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks guys for all your answers. I really appreciate. That's true though, I don't know if they are allowed in Minnesota. I have to check that out. The only lights I want to have that effect is just the blinkers.

Last edited by Optimus; June 7th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.