Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2004 Malibu 4Cly Factory CD Stereo to MP3

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2014, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Malibu 4Cly Factory CD Stereo to MP3

I have above car.It has factory stereo which supports CD player only.I need Mp3 support.Is it possible to install some good name brand mp3 stereo.
The only problem is am seeing here is the current stereo has some car control function & by changing stereo to custom ,the functions may be lost.
please let me know.thx
Old January 23rd, 2015, 1:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use an FM transmitter that plugs into to cigar lighter, that is the easy cheap way or look at the Crutchfield Site, they have a other solutions at a higher price. But I am tempted to get a malibu radio at a junkyard, then open it up and see if I can tie in a cable to the audio output of the cd player and then add an aux. INPUT JACK to the faceplate. My biggest concern is if the security code will disable the radio and I then have to pay GM an arm and leg to redo the code. Then if the system isn't right I have to see GM again for another code change.Really these coded radios are not for theft prevention they are just another way to squeeze out some more cash