Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2008 Malibu e-test Issue

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2015, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Malibu e-test Issue

I have a 2008 2.4L Malibu that needs an Ontario e-test. My issue is that I recently had a fault code P0010 camshaft actuator solenoid bank 1 for which I replaced the solenoid and the fault went away. When I did this I had removed the negative battery cable. Now when I connect the OBD2, I don't get the green "ready" light on the OBD2 but rather the yellow "not ready" light, and the "O", and "ev" icons flash on the screen. I have probably started the car cold about 25 times since installing the new solenoid, and have driven about 200km. The last trip was +60kms each way with a 2 hour stay over before the return trip home and outside temp about 45 degrees F.
In Ontario when they connect the car to the PCM for the e-test if it is not in a "ready" state, they automatically fail you. How do I get these 2 icons to stop flashing (reset) and thus get my "ready" condition. Could really use some help here since this is my wife's car and it needed a new license sticker 3 days ago!!!
Old October 18th, 2015, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:
This morning I drove into town, about 5 miles, and after I parked I hooked up my OBD2 I now only have the "EV" icon flashing. The temp here was down to -2C last night and looking to be cool for the next few days. I've been looking for this pending code and am getting concerned because I've read that the temp outside has to be above a specific temp for the evap system to reset????? There must be something out there that I can do, or have a shop do........HELP!!!