Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2009 Malibu Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2010, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Malibu Remote Start

Hello,

I was hoping someone can help. I have a 2009 Malibu 1LT and wanted to get remote start for it. I heard that the car may already have it but I have to get the remote and take it to the dealership to have it activated. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Thanks
Aaron
Old July 27th, 2010, 8:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Remote Vehicle Start was an available option on the 1LT trim level. You would have had to order the vehicle with it in order to have it. If you would send me your VIN through a private message I can look and see if this option is on the vehicle. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 30th, 2010, 7:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Remote Vehicle Start was an available option on the 1LT trim level. You would have had to order the vehicle with it in order to have it. If you would send me your VIN through a private message I can look and see if this option is on the vehicle. I hope that helps you.

Do you know if remote start (or even keyless entry) was standard on a 2004 LT V6? The dealer (Honda Dealer) I bought the car from keeps telling me that keyless entry wasn't even available on my car but I find that kinda hard to believe.
Old July 30th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Could you direct message me your VIN? I can check your options to see if your vehicle has either ability. I hope to hear from you soon.

Old February 13th, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

I also just bought a 2009 Malibu and want to put remote start on it, i was told you dont need the complete kit ? I will send you my VIN# Thanks Sulley

Last edited by Sulley; February 14th, 2012 at 6:17 AM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Remote start

Can someone tell me if a 2009 chevy malibu 1lt comes with a remote start? I have looked up the vin and havent gotten anywhere, and the dealer doesnt seem to wanna answer the question. When i bought the car they just gave me the standard remote because they didnt have one at the time
Old June 6th, 2012, 7:15 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Amanda Flint,

I would be happy to look into this for you, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN number.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 8th, 2015, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

hi there can you help me I buy this 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ on the dealer they don't give me the keyless do you know if I can get one with the Remote Start
Old January 2nd, 2017, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

Can someone tell me if my car has the remote start option. I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu LS and the VIN is : 9F261031

Thanks in advance!
Old March 25th, 2017, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default About keyless entry or remote starter

Hi I brought this used car from a private dealer it's chevy malibu LT2.. I asked the dealer if it is equipped with remote starter or keyless entry so his answer is that it is equipped with her it but lost the remote for it. How can I get to know if it's right? Can you suggest me what to do?

Quick Reply: 2009 Malibu Remote Start