Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

help need advice with my baby girl

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post help need advice with my baby girl

a little information about my baby girl, shes a 2001 3.8l with 134,400 miles, i just got her in june from a dealer who got her from a auction just a month ealier, so i dont know anything about the previous owners or problems but here is my situation, im not quite sure what the problem is but here is what happened i was on 95 headed to jacksonville and everything was fine i mean the car was shaking a bit but i think i need to have either my cv joint or ball join anyways all of the sudden my speedometer and my rpm gage went crazy and when i pulled over there was a cloud of white smoke just smelt like something was burning when i tried to drive to get off of 95 the car wouldnt move, it would accelerate like i was in neutral but i was in drive so at that point we decided to check the transmission fluid and it was empty and burnt so my mom is thinking that when we were driving something hit the lines and we leaked out all of our fluid... also when i put the car in park i could hear the gears grinding but only when going into park and it didnt do it every time.. also when the tow truck got there (thanks god for AAA) the car was in park and he pulled it up onto the flatbed and my tires were turning even though he had the car in park. so monday night i put 3 qts of fluid into the car to see if she would drive and no luck, so when i put the car on jack stands yesterday when i lifted the car on the drivers side the transmission fluid i put in the car monday night just came POURING out from the passenger side... so thats where i am now... HELP PLEASE
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old post, but I can only assume that the seal on the transmission went bad. I hope it worked out for you.