Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

monte ss owner

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2016, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monte ss owner

I have a strang problem with my 2004 Monte SS with3.8l supercharged engine. I had a lifter bad and changed it when i went to start the car it wouldnt start. I did three days of troubleshooting maf, antitheft and others to solve the problem. When I was putting this back together i noticed the map sensor was broken so I replaced it with an aftermaket sensor. After all the checks I did above no change. I tryed to remember anything I could have done and the only actual change other than the lifter was the map sensor. I figured out in the process of troubleshooting I had fire but no injector pulse. After days I decided to diconnect the map sensor and the car started. I can plug it back in and no start. U can actually plug it in while it is running and it does ok. As long as U dont turn the ignition key completly off when shutting down it will restart without disconnection the map sensor. If anyone knows what could be the problem whether it be computer programing or what. Thank U
Old February 15th, 2016, 3:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Sounds like you did everything right but they wrong parted you....is the new map one for the s/c engine or n/a engine?

nice car...I have the comp g gp version.
Old February 19th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

figure it out