New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Output Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2015, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Output Speed Sensor

I own a 2011 Impala and was told today that the Output Speed Sensor that is attached to the OUTSIDE of the transmission needs to be replaced. Symptoms that led me to take it in were jerking when escalarating, not shifting at the appropriate speeds and the engine would rev to high levels. $225 for it to be replaced and I am still under the warranty. Because its on the OUTSIDE of the actual transmission, its not covered. However, it not working correctly has a direct impact on the function of the transmission. Am I alone with thinking it should be covered by the warranty?
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by edschevy
I own a 2011 Impala and was told today that the Output Speed Sensor that is attached to the OUTSIDE of the transmission needs to be replaced. Symptoms that led me to take it in were jerking when escalarating, not shifting at the appropriate speeds and the engine would rev to high levels. $225 for it to be replaced and I am still under the warranty. Because its on the OUTSIDE of the actual transmission, its not covered. However, it not working correctly has a direct impact on the function of the transmission. Am I alone with thinking it should be covered by the warranty?
We can see how this not being covered under Bumper to Bumper warranty could be frustrating, edschevy. Although we're unable to change the warranty parameters, we're happy to contact your dealership to ensure they've taken the proper steps to address this matter. Feel free to PM us your VIN, mileage, full contact info, and dealership name if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care