New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Tahoe vs Suburban

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2016, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe vs Suburban

New member here. Thanks to everybody that contributes to this forum. My name is Robert and I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ I bought last September 2015. My wife loves the truck and has decided its hers now. I am looking into buying another one for me and the difference in price between a Tahoe LTZ and a Suburban LTZ is virtually nothing so I want to buy the Suburban because its bigger. My wife says its too big and the ride and acceleration will be much worse than the Tahoe. I do not live near a Chevy dealer so i can't test drive one. I always buy my cars online and have them shipped.

My question is does the larger truck affect the ride/acceleration and I should stick with the Tahoe. I forgot to mention the Suburban has 22 inch rims which I have read can affect ride quality but my Tahoe has 22's and rides great!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert
Old May 24th, 2016, 7:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I have not driven the newest models but I never noticed any lack of power or acceleration in the sub on the previous generation. the longer wheelbase will make for a better tow vehicle. if your ok with the 22s on the Tahoe the sub will be no different. larger circumference will lower the towing capacity.
She has her truck, you go get what you want cause you will be driving it.

Last edited by tech2; May 24th, 2016 at 7:37 PM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 12:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

When making such a big investment in a vehicle, isn't it worth it to take the time to go to a Chevy dealer to test drive one? You will have to live with it, so make sure before you buy. You could also find a rental company that has one and rent it for a day.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

You are correct. I probably should have but I read some of the online reviews and they were all good including consumer reports which actually recommends the Suburban over the Tahoe. Their test showed the ride, handling and towing are better. I made the mistake of calling my car guy to see what he had and of course he had the exact one I wanted. I pulled the trigger and its a used 2015 LTZ so I saved a considerable amount of money. I will update this thread once it gets delivered and let you know if it was a good/bad decision for me.

Thanks for your input
Old May 25th, 2016, 1:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

its the same truck with a longer wheelbase...if you like the Tahoe, you will like the sub. Don't let your wife drive it; she may not give it back.
Old May 31st, 2016, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

You were right Tech2. Truck was delivered on Sunday and I love it. I even think it drives a rides a little better than the Tahoe like you said. My wife likes it now too! Thanks for all the info