Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

Fly Spots?

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2011, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly Spots?

Whenever i park my vehicles inside the garage I think the flys are landing on my vehicles and leaving black spots. I have tried multiple scrubbers and soaps and have scrubbed till my arm was sore. Do you guys know of a way to get this off or is it even flys? Could it be rubber spots from the tires?
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Fly spots

Originally Posted by philbilly20
Whenever i park my vehicles inside the garage I think the flys are landing on my vehicles and leaving black spots. I have tried multiple scrubbers and soaps and have scrubbed till my arm was sore. Do you guys know of a way to get this off or is it even flys? Could it be rubber spots from the tires?
Are they small, black spots about the size of a #1 lead pencil? I have the same problem and I do believe you are correct. I have to check my car everyday it's warm. I can go out and sometimes there are anywhere from 3-15 flies on my car. About 3 hours later I can go back out and see all these small black spots all over the car, but especially in the areas they were on the car. I can usually get them off with a wet mf towel. Other times, I've had to use some Quick Detailer or cleaner wax to get them off. From my experience, if they stay on the paint a couple of days, they are harder to remove.

I'm glad you posted this. I thought I was the only person who experienced fly crap on their car or either I was going crazy
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you! I was feeling the same way! And maybe a car cover would help but is annoying for a daily driver to and from school and on the farm silverado haha
Old January 18th, 2012, 4:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Fly spots

Thank you! I was feeling the same way! And maybe a car cover would help but is annoying for a daily driver to and from school and on the farm silverado haha
I've thought about a car cover for my Impala since it's not a daily driver. I'm unsure, though, who has the best cover. Any thoughts?
Old January 19th, 2012, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Not sure since I havent ever looked into them. If its an older one Classic Industries Might make a good one.
Old January 20th, 2012, 8:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Not sure since I havent ever looked into them. If its an older one Classic Industries Might make a good one.
I'll check them out and see what they have. It's a newer Impala - a 2010 LTZ.