S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

97 blazer mud truck

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2011, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 blazer mud truck

curntly in iraq, sufering from bordom and have little amount of people to talk about future mud runs after i return home. i hydrolocked my 97 blazer shortly befor i came here, i blew out the cylinders (fixed it) and it ran for two months not much if any white smoke any more and runs revitivly fine considering.only tps (throtle position sensor) code is showing up and i beleive its the one on the pedal..(any sugestions) because i replaced the one on near throttle several times easy and cheap. i forget why i think its the pedal , ive been here since jan lol bin a long time.i and nobody else has ran the truck since i been here so i dont even know if it runs. other problems are cracked radiator, (pluged with house hold pepper from table pepper shaker) for over 9 months (works like a charm for emergencys) (also does a number on the ports in engine) never got around to replaceing it. also blew my front diff. from a previous time i sunk it for a few hours in a mud hole and ruined trans seals (replaced after) and i didnt take into acount my worn front drive shaft was so warn it wore the seal anouf to let water in , from there it destroyed the other side seal and spun the nut rite off letinging the left drive shaft hang out (would lock up at low speeds 2 wheel drive befor fell out). i plan on replaceing the whole diff from junk yard wen i get home.i hear its a huge hasle to get pumpkin out of crevis due to stearing and engine in way and a mount in way, i see the problem. i think if i unbolt stearing i can rotate pumpkin anoughf to get it out.??any body with direct experiance doing a front diff on a 97 blazer?
Old July 24th, 2011, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if all does well im going to also finaly put snorkle on it and my winch mounted to hitch if all goes well and it still runs when i get home. side note this is not mud truck just trail rider.my other truck is for mud. ill go into more detail about mounting winch soon, at first i was sceptical in how to make it porable and move to other trucks simple. more detail later