S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Dome light issues

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2017, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome light issues

I have been having problems with my lighting. I have a 99 Blazer LS that I bought in June. I had some issues with my dome light coming on and my mechanic said he tracked it to the door switch inside the driver door. Due to part costs, he deactivated it and everything worked, except the driver door doesn't lock when I use the power locks, it has to be done manually - but it does unlock automatically.

Now, a week or two ago, my truck doesn't recognize the driver door opening. The dome light doesn't turn on, the radio doesn't turn off (after the ignition has been turned off), unless one of the other 3 doors is opened. I also noticed my dash / dome light dial will adjust the dash lights, but won't turn on the dome light. My automatic headlights always come on now, even during the day. And the rear hatch button doesn't work. These issues all happened at the same time. I replaced the door jamb switch on the driver door, but it didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!!