S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2014, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I have an 01' Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4/ 4.3/ V6.
I just had the oil changed and filled my tank with gas they added a fuel cleaner and an oil system cleaner. The truck seemed to be running fine for the two days following, then last night it fired right up, and I was cruzin down the road and it sputtered out as if I was out of gas. When I turned the key the lights came on and the starter cranked but no noise from the fuel pump, witch usually has a bit of a winding up noise or whining noise. since I began rebuilding this truck two years ago, but have not addressed the fuel system, and the fuel gauge has not worked correctly only giving me a read intermittently. I just figured it was the fuel sensor witch is located in the fuel tank and I have not fixed it because I just estimate the mileage and did not think it was to important. The truck has recently been stalling out on me but then it will fire back up, and usually that is when I am hitting the mileage close to the end of the tank so I just chalked it up to being low on fuel. Now when I turn the key to aux. there is no noise coming from the fuel tank. Had to get a tow home last night Any suggestions on where I should start before I just start ordering parts and tarring things apart. Thank you. Lacie.