S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Upgrade a blazer 4.3l v6 vortec: Supercharger kit or turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2012, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade a blazer 4.3l v6 vortec: Supercharger kit or turbo kit?

I´m from Brazil.

My car is a Chevrolet Blazer 2002 with Vortec 4.3L V6. Chevrolet sold some blazers here with just some adaptations in the exterior and with this 4.3L engine made by Vortec. The engine is the same of your in USA or Canada. But I don´t know why, they have reduced a lot the power of it here. Maybe the brazilian legislation or other rules forced Chevrolet to change some settings of this engine. The result is a Vortec 4.3L V6 with just 192 HP.

I´ve been searching all over the internet, in some brazilian forums and others places, for informations about upgrading this engine and making it just like in USA, with Supercharger or TwinTurbo, what would be better. I heard about Syclone and Typhoon, which came originally with this same engine but a lot more powerfull. I saw some people saying that this 4.3L Vortec is very huge and can run more than 300HP. It is a shame to have this engine in my car with just 192HP.

I am able to import some parts from USA and ask my mechanic here to install and adjust everything.

I need some help to know what is the best solution for my truck, if it is the supercharger or the turbo kit, and what kit do i have to buy. My intention is not to build a tremendous machine and take the risk to have a lot of maintenance and breakups. The idea is to have a more powerful car but also safe and durable.

See bellow attached some pictures of my car and specially the engine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Vinicius