Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 Impala Wipers Stuck

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2009, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Impala Wipers Stuck

I have had the car for three years now, and every winter my wipers get stuck in the up position. The first time it happened they were frozen on the winshield, and did not move when engaged. I have had them fixed. In winter of 2007 it happened again, this time I was careful and made sure they weren't frozen to the winshield. On the way to the dealer for my appointment, I turned them on and the problem corrected itself. December 2008, I was using the wipers becasue of rain and noticed that they shifted funny. When I turned the wipers off, they remained in the upright position. The dealer told me the first time that the bars were all bent on the rail. Last week I looked into the rail system myself and noticed the bars are like pieces of cunduit. Nothing looked bent. Why does this happen every winter?? My rear defroster seems to work off and on in the winter also. Somedays it will not melt the snow on the rear window. Frustrating!!
Old February 17th, 2009, 3:44 PM
Impala Super Moderator

From ZSPOT
There should be a little metal tab by the crank arm of your wiper transmission that probably got bent. The park switch tells the wiper transmission where to park, if that tab is bent, it parks the transmission in the opposite direction. I think that should work for you.
Old February 17th, 2009, 6:06 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Subject:Windshield Wipers Park in Up Position (Replace Windshield Wiper Motor Bracket)

Models:2005 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo

This bulletin is being revised to make a correction to the Parts Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-08-43-003 (Section 08-Body and Accessories).

Do This
Replace the wiper motor bracket.

Do Not Do This
DO NOT replace the crank arm or motor kit.

Condition

Some customers may comment that the windshield wipers park in the outwipe ( vertical ) position.

Cause

This condition may be caused by a bent park tab on the windshield wiper motor bracket.

Correction

To correct this condition, replace the wiper motor bracket. It will be necessary to transfer the following parts listed below to the new bracket.
• Wiper transmission
• Wiper motor crank arm

• Wiper motor
  1. Remove the windshield wiper motor drive system module. Refer to Wiper Drive System Module Replacement (SI Document ID #818798) . <LI type=1>Remove the windshield wiper transmission from the windshield wiper motor bracket. Refer to Wiper Transmission Replacement (SI Document ID #818797) . <LI type=1>Remove the wiper motor crank arm from the windshield wiper motor. Refer to Wiper Motor Crank Arm Replacement (SI Document ID #818984). <LI type=1>Remove the windshield wiper motor from the bracket. Refer to Wiper Motor Replacement (SI Document ID #818796). <LI type=1>Install the windshield wiper motor to the new bracket. Refer to Wiper Motor Replacement (SI Document ID #818796). <LI type=1>Install the wiper motor crank arm to the windshield wiper motor. Refer to Wiper Motor Crank Arm Replacement (SI Document ID #818984). <LI type=1>Install the windshield wiper transmission to the windshield wiper motor bracket. Refer to Wiper Transmission Replacement (SI Document ID #818797).
  2. Install the windshield wiper motor drive system module. Refer to Wiper Drive System Module Replacement (SI Document ID #818798).
Parts Information

Part Number

Description
Bracket
Old February 17th, 2009, 6:28 PM
Impala Super Moderator

WOW Great job shawn
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:12 PM
CF Veteran

I just want to know how he draws them so fast? Good job from me also Shawn.
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Impala Super Moderator

draws?
Should be out of the service manual
Old February 18th, 2009, 5:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Cool

Hehe... Awesome job shawnvw! Just got to love his diagrams. Always a great help.
Old February 18th, 2009, 5:00 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think he was joking hotsauce! hehe

Good 'ole cut & paste comes through again
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
CF Veteran

Damn Hot....cut me some slack. I drew by hand way before computers and scanners came along. Shawn, got a cut-away of the Impala Air Box?
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Oh i was just joking around. no biggie

Quick Reply: 2005 Impala Wipers Stuck