Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

04 C\K - Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2009, 2:07 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement - Right Side
Removal Procedure

Notice: In order to avoid actuator damage, DO NOT apply power to the actuator when it is not installed in the HVAC module.
  1. <LI type=1>Remove the I/P carrier. Refer to
  1. [*]

Instrument Panel Carrier Replacement

Removal Procedure
  1. [*]

Last edited by shawnvw; July 2nd, 2009 at 2:12 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really have a firm grip on how this stuff works. I have a similar problem, only mine is on the right side and the air temp coming from the right side vents alternates between cold and warm (when set on cold). Some of the guys feel that an actuator may be the culprit. Can you maybe confirm this? The more opinions I can get, the more secure I'll feel. I'm sort of assuming that the right side actuator might be found in the same general area and the process would be the same. Thanks.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

another question,,i can see 3 actuators on the passengerside,,,top right,,which i think is the recirc....another one on top in the center..whats that for,,and another one on the bottom center,,easy to get to..whats that one...i took that one out and while keeping the wire hooked up, turned the air on and went thru all the settings, and it did nothing,,didnt turn..i turned the door by hand,,it seemed to be in between open and closed, when i turned one way, heat came out of the driversside dash vents. when i turned the other way, a/c comes out of both dash vents, pass and driversside...seems to work fine now..except the recircl door doesnt open or close unless i push on it alittle...
Old July 13th, 2009, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default recirculator blend door

i got my hole dash taken apart, because the recircl blend door doesnt open until you push on it by hand. and only sometimes..other times it doesnt move at all when pushing it..ive taken the actuator apart and readjusted it..theres only 2 ways it can go in..one way, the door moves only one way,,the otherway, the door moves the otherway...it may open and close once, but thats it...ive changed the actuator with the bottom one and it does the same thing..i noticed that the passenger side actuator moves a littlebit at a time, not smoothly ..beings the recircl door is heavy, does that mean the motor is going out..or whatelse could it be...i appreciate your help as soon as possible..i need my truck..thanks
Old July 14th, 2009, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Left actuator is reset by restarting truck

When the hot air starts flowing it can be reset by switching the truck engine & a/c off, after restarting the truck then the a/c it works great.

1) Does this mean the problem isn't the actuator but something else?

2) Is the dealer the only place to get a replacement actuator?

Thanks,

Keevan
Old August 7th, 2009, 4:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Question Actuator

Where can I buy the actuator? Is it a dealer part? Also, where is the right side actuator? Do I have to remove entire dash?
Old August 7th, 2009, 6:18 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

yea its a dealer item....read the post in the link below for instructions on how to change the part out

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22624
Old August 7th, 2009, 8:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Unhappy

i read the post, but didnt think i was going to have to take off the entire dash to get to it, has anyone done this?
Old September 5th, 2009, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

me too -- instructions would be helpful or short cuts -- thanks
Old September 8th, 2009, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default A/C problem

I have a 2005 GMC 1500 with dual climate control and have been hearing a tapping/Knocking noise coming from the passenger side under the glove box area. It seems that sometimes on the driver side blows cold then warm. Not sure if this is an actuator problem need some help.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
BennyT<o></o>

Quick Reply: 04 C\K - Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement