Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

04 C\K - Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2009, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to remove the dashboard on an 04 suburban to replace the temp door actuator. I cannot get the grad handle on the passengers side off / out. Does anyone know how to remove it?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

hello, I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 with the same problem. How how would I go about replacing the actuator?
Old February 11th, 2010, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

I having a clicking/ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the dash. It seems to be coming from behind the glove box. I have no problems with temperature. However, the rate of the clicking/ticking sound seems to increase as the fan speed increases (I have the auto HVAC). Which of the three actuators do I need? Anybody have a part number?
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default clicking sound

i had the same thing, and it was a business card that feel into the fan...i used one of those flexible grabbing claws to get it out...look in the fan to see if there is any debree in it..hope this helps..
Old February 12th, 2010, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rkfguard
i had the same thing, and it was a business card that feel into the fan...i used one of those flexible grabbing claws to get it out...look in the fan to see if there is any debree in it..hope this helps..
How do I look into the fan? Where is it?
Old February 13th, 2010, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

its behind the glove box at the right corner below the windshield....i found the card on mine when i was changing the auctuator..so i already had the dash off....i cant remember if you can see it without taking the dash off...sorry i cant help anymore
Old February 14th, 2010, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

I think I'm having a related or similar problem...
A few months ago it was taking my Tahoe a long time to get heat in the cabin, but now I'm getting zero heat. Only cold air blows in.

Does anyone think that the temp valve actuator needs replacement, or is there possibly something else?

Thanks!
Old February 14th, 2010, 1:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rnr it could be your heater core.
Old February 14th, 2010, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

that's what i was fearing. I've checked my lines from the engine compartment that go through the firewall, and they are warm after just a few minutes of the engine idleing.

i was hoping it might be the temperature door something easy...rather than the heater core.
Old June 28th, 2010, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Tahoe a/c problems

Hi, I am having the same problems with a 07 Tahoe. The drivers side air blows lukewarm air while the passenger side blows cold. I disconnected the battery for 15 min. and problem was corrected for about 5 min. then it went back to blowing warm air again. Any suggestions? Also, does the same instructions apply for replacing driver side hvac actuator on 07, as the 04 model stated above? Any help will be appreciated.

Quick Reply: 04 C\K - Temperature Valve Actuator Replacement