Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

04' Silverado, mystery fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2014, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04' Silverado, mystery fuel issue

Hey guys, I have an issue with my 04 silverado. It has 170k on it, it is a 1500 with a 5.3l v8. The only issue I ever had with it was 40k ago when a fuel injector went bad. But now I have another issue, that I assume is fuel related, but I am not a pro, or hoping somebody else has encountered this issue as well.

The truck has been riding rough when accelerating and hesitating and stumbling while going up hills, especially with only a few gallons in the tank. I think it is struggling to get fuel or not getting enough, I have run injector cleaner in it a couple of times.I have had two codes come up since this began a few weeks ago, one being the P0496, and one being P0175. Im ASSUMING they are related to the problem, but not entirely sure. Also, my message center has been reading needs oil change, and low oil level, but neither of which are true. So any help or light anybody can shine on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!