Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1 to 2 Shift hesitation at low PRMs

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2013, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 to 2 Shift hesitation at low PRMs

I interested to hear others thoughts about shift issues im having. The truck i have is a 07 Sierra 4x4 5.3, with a 4l60E. So, the first to second shift at around 1700 to 2000 RPMs has a slow/ hesitated shift. The way I accelerate is by applying some force to the pedla then stoping, at the point I stop the truck continues to accelerate a few hundred more RPMs then shifts. the initiation of the shift is not quick, the RPMs are slowing down to the 1700 2000 RPM range, as is creeps up then the shift process starts. The hesitation only happens in this range. The hesitation that occures almost feels like the trans is shifting twice. I can feel a light engagement then there is a hard shift into second. This shift process takes 3/4 of a second.
So the first time i took it to the dealer, they reset the learn program. The second time i took it to the dealer they found some issues with the 2-4 drive bands and installed a rebuild. As it turns out, Im still having the issues with a different trans in the truck. Ive put about 6k miles on this trans and the issue presists. My driving habbits in that vehicle for the most part are pretty easy on it. 62400 miles on the truck, I always try to keep it shifting around 2k or less RPMs, I rarley tow a trailer and aside from hauling amotor or trans in the back or a bed of tree trimmings that s about it. At this point the only thing i can think of might be a bad spot in the TPS, other than that I dont know. Any thoughts or input is appreciated, thanks Robert
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob#1
I interested to hear others thoughts about shift issues im having. The truck i have is a 07 Sierra 4x4 5.3, with a 4l60E. So, the first to second shift at around 1700 to 2000 RPMs has a slow/ hesitated shift. The way I accelerate is by applying some force to the pedla then stoping, at the point I stop the truck continues to accelerate a few hundred more RPMs then shifts. the initiation of the shift is not quick, the RPMs are slowing down to the 1700 2000 RPM range, as is creeps up then the shift process starts. The hesitation only happens in this range. The hesitation that occures almost feels like the trans is shifting twice. I can feel a light engagement then there is a hard shift into second. This shift process takes 3/4 of a second.
So the first time i took it to the dealer, they reset the learn program. The second time i took it to the dealer they found some issues with the 2-4 drive bands and installed a rebuild. As it turns out, Im still having the issues with a different trans in the truck. Ive put about 6k miles on this trans and the issue presists. My driving habbits in that vehicle for the most part are pretty easy on it. 62400 miles on the truck, I always try to keep it shifting around 2k or less RPMs, I rarley tow a trailer and aside from hauling amotor or trans in the back or a bed of tree trimmings that s about it. At this point the only thing i can think of might be a bad spot in the TPS, other than that I dont know. Any thoughts or input is appreciated, thanks Robert
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Rob#1,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Considering this issue has reoccurred after having a new transmission installed, I recommend consulting with the dealer that installed it.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 19th, 2013, 2:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Don't by chance have the tow/haul switched on?
Old February 20th, 2013, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the haul switch is off