Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1997 4.3 1500 2wd AC clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2013, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 4.3 1500 2wd AC clutch issues

I am having an issue with running down the bug in my AC system. I have put 134 refrigerant in the syatem to the poundage level indicated on the kit I bought. I have also run the tests on my low level, high level and cycling switches. Even went as far as jumping all three at one point. I can get clutch to engage while switches are configured correctly by jumping the 30 terminal and 87 terminal at the relay location. All fuses in block under hood and in cab test good. I replaced AC relay with another known good relay at power block under hood. The AC light on my HVAC control module turns on when egaged but makes no difference in engaging the AC clutch. Is there an in line fuse or something that I'm missing or something? How would I go about testing the control module without having to remove it from the dash to find out if that is the problem? I also have a resistance of sorts at the 85 terminal I believe it is at the relay location when key is in on position. Is there a specific resistance I need? The AC while jumped does in fact cool the air coming out of the dash, very cold to be precise, so I'm positive the mechanical system is working, just not electrically.