Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

loud door chimes & turn signal indicator

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2009, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud door chimes & turn signal indicator

Like a lot of folks I just swapped my factory 6 disc changer with Bose for a new Delphi factory Navi unit, Printed the stickys and install was a breeze. The issue is with the loud ear piercing chime & turn signal indicator. I have an appointment to re-program it on Monday but was wondering if there is some sort of module that I could purchase to correct the issue or should I go ahead & take my chance with the dealer doing the re-program? Thanlks
Old August 30th, 2009, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 40lenny
Like a lot of folks I just swapped my factory 6 disc changer with Bose for a new Delphi factory Navi unit, Printed the stickys and install was a breeze. The issue is with the loud ear piercing chime & turn signal indicator. I have an appointment to re-program it on Monday but was wondering if there is some sort of module that I could purchase to correct the issue or should I go ahead & take my chance with the dealer doing the re-program? Thanlks

to the top
Old August 31st, 2009, 4:32 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I am going to asume that you have an old body style pick-up as you didn't state otherwise.

you stated that you had bose. The nav radio probably came out of a non-bose vehicle (or was set like that when they made it) so the audio is set at a level that does not need to be amplified. But your vehicle has an amplifier, so it makes at really loud. Programming the radio to work in a vehicle with bose should fix yor problem
Old August 31st, 2009, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shawnvw
I am going to asume that you have an old body style pick-up as you didn't state otherwise.

you stated that you had bose. The nav radio probably came out of a non-bose vehicle (or was set like that when they made it) so the audio is set at a level that does not need to be amplified. But your vehicle has an amplifier, so it makes at really loud. Programming the radio to work in a vehicle with bose should fix yor problem

It's a new body style, sorry about that. I brought it to the dealer today and was told they could not re-program it. I was expecting that answer but had high hopes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old September 1st, 2009, 1:40 PM
Banned

sounds like the wrong radio is installed...
Old September 1st, 2009, 3:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi 40lenny,

Welcome to the forums!

What 40lenny's talking about,(because it's happening to me, too,) is the ear-shattering chimes that come with the data-port adapter for an aftermarket radio in the NBS style truck. Gawd, I'm waking up dead people in Nebraska with that friggin' thing. I'm afraid it's going to break my windows. Suburban San Diego is complaining about the noise levels, fer crying out loud. What moron with GM thought that would be a popular idea, the same cheesecake who put all the OBDII monitors on the same idiot light?
Old September 25th, 2009, 9:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi, i'm about to do the same radio swap, you said that you printed the stickys? what is that and where do i get them so that i can print them and do the install?
i will be doing it on an 07 silverado with the new body style.
thank you
Old January 30th, 2010, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

I too have the same loud door chime problem and loud turn signal indicator. I just added an amp to my factory radio (XM and On-Star installed). Can the factory radio be reprogrammed? Can an audio shop do it or does it have to be a bonding experience with the dealer? 2007 2500HD

Last edited by Hickoryrdge; January 30th, 2010 at 9:01 AM. Reason: additional detail
Old January 30th, 2010, 9:22 PM
Banned

who installed the amp?
how was it installed? line level converter? high level inputs?
factory amp or aftermarket?

I assume its a 4 channel aftermarket amp to drive the door speakers.
what kind of radio is in the truck?
you can reprogram the radio, but is must be done at a dealer who has experiance with programming radios, and selecting options that aren't on the SPID label to compensate for the amp you've added
Old February 1st, 2010, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

I have the original GM factory radio. You are right -- added the amp to drive upgraded door speakers. Four channel Alpine amp. The amp was installed by Best Buy. Chimes and turn signal volume are too loud even with the radio and amp turned off. Is there anything in particular I should request of the dealer to minimize time spent resolving this since I will be taking it in.

Quick Reply: loud door chimes & turn signal indicator