Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 23rd, 2015, 5:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

2000 Silverado ABS light on

Old August 16th, 2010, 8:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 Silverado ABS light on

My ABS Light comes on every now and again in my 2000 Silverado 4x4. It started after last winter, i've checked the front wheel bearings and they seem tight no play, and no resistance. I've also removed the front sensors and they look good I cleaned them up with a soft clean rag and put them back in place but with no change. More recently the park brake light will come on sometimes (maybe 3 times in the last month). Just wondering if anyone has seen this or can point me in the right direction.
Old August 16th, 2010, 8:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

did you only visually inspect the sensor or did you test it with a multimeter too?
a visual inspection will not do much.
1st find out cuz I don't know: when the ABS sensor is good, should it have resistance going across it.
If yes, than what should the resistance be? 3 ohms, 10 ohms etc.
if you are not getting a good reading, then it might be bad.
Old August 25th, 2010, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

I too have abs sensor that periodicaly comes on, I have a 2001 silverado and it stays off days at a time then comes on for a few times. At the same time brake light comes on ,however i do not seem to have any brake issues and braking is just fine. Just concerned that it might lead to bigger problem possibly. I am baffled!!
Old September 4th, 2010, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having the exact same problem. At first I thought it was the fluid level but it's full. I recently pulled the master cylinder apart and cleaned it out because of a clog. Ever since then the ABS and BRAKE lights come on simultaneously at random times.???
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

i had the same problem. i read somewhere that there is a recall for that problem. aparently you can take it to a dealership and they will replace the sensor and wire. i was going to do that but ended up having to replace both hub assy and they came with all new wires and sensors. havent had the problem sice...
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

search recalls for your year. mine was a 2002. if you find any print it out and take it with you to the dealer
Old September 8th, 2010, 6:21 AM
CF Junior Member

I've never seen a recall, but I have seen many complaints to the govt about the Chevy truck brakes.
Old September 8th, 2010, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

I saw the thread on this forum about the recall. Both hubs were replaced in the spring before I bought the truck. After reading through here I'm planing on checkign all of the conections and the sensors. Thanks for the replies. These lights are anoying!
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

What year silverado was the recall for? 2001 ?
Old September 12th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

its been a while sense i read about the recall. i was pretty sure it was 200 or 2002. i didnt know if it went on for a number of years or not. i just thought it would be worth looking into.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Silverado ABS light on