Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Chevy 1500 air intake

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2012, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy 1500 air intake

I'm wanting to modify my air intake with my own tube and K&N filter. I starting looking at the stock piece and it's alot different from any other one I've done on previous vehicles. In the two pics I took, can someone tell me what each piece I'm pointing at is...In the first pic, it has two tubes that go straight back over the motor with one having a plug...?
The second pic, has a plug with wires attached, I'm thinking that is the O2 sensor...?...and there is a "balloon type bubble" that drops straight down...What is that for? Why are all these areas shooting off from the tube itself???
My last vehicle I did. All I did was remove the stock intake and fit my own and make a hole for the O2 sensor and everything was great...

Pic 1
Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  68.0 KB

Pic2
Name:  securedownload-1.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  53.8 KB
Thanks for the help!!!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 3:05 PM
CF Senior Member

the sensor immediately after the air box is your mass air flow sensor, I'm not positive what the other one because my 99 doesn't have that. Your 02 sensors are located in your exhaust which are making sure you don't have too much fuel and things in the exhaust, its emissions stuff. All those different tubes flowing off your intake is a way to trap dust, mud, and especially water from getting sucked into the throttle body. The point of that big jug your talking about that hangs down is for water to run into incase you get in some deep water. As i can see from how clean your engine bay that you dont get into the mud much. I like your idea of making one your own, I have a friend that made his out of PVC and looks and functions good. I know for sure by you putting the mass air flow sensor into your home made intake would not throw a code or anything, but im not sure about that second on top the intake. Hope this info helps you out and maybe a little research or someone else on the forum can tell you what that other sensor is.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Not sure why I called it the O2 sensors but ya. This is what I did for my Dodge 5.7 I had last. It looks like I can use this same set up.

Name:  securedownload-2.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  23.0 KB
Old March 2nd, 2012, 9:04 PM
CF Veteran

looks like a pcv follow the tube and see where it goes