Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Brake lights reversed and other weird electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2016, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights reversed and other weird electrical issues

I have a 95 GMC k1500 that I have been building for the last year. I have replaced lots and lots but thats not what this post is about. After doing all of the work on the truck I planned i was getting ready to make it my daily driver and I realized that my brake lights are screwed up. When the key is off, they work fine, but then when the key is in the on position the brake lights reverse. I depress the pedal and they go off, and vice versa. however the third brake light on the cab functions correctly.
I have tried looking up and down the system lots of times and cant find any wires that need to be grounded
So far I have replaced both the ignition switch and the whole blinker and wind shield wiper thing on the stearing column.
i have hundreds of hours of work and lots of money put into this truck and I cant believe this is what is stopping me from taking her on the road! Please help!!!
other electrical issues
windshield wipers dont work
blower motor doesnt work
radio doesnt work
I dont know what is related and what is not.
Old January 21st, 2016, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Have you gotten a wiring schematic for the vehicle? Could be a bad switch or relay? Have you tested your fuses? What lights work correctly? What about the center mounted stop lamp? Is that reversed too?

If you have 15.00 go to "all data DYI" and they'll have all your electrical diagrams. If you can post it I can read it!
Old October 14th, 2017, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue