Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 Vortec MAX

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Vortec MAX

I recently purchased a 2007.5 Vortec Max Sierra which is a very bad@ss truck to begin with, but I'm wondering what I could put on it to dress it up a bit. I already know I'm getting exhaust for it, but I'm not sure what yet. Should I do straight out the back, at 45's or 90's? Rolled edge or slash cut? Dual tips or single? (Tips specifically, there will be 2 tailpipes regardless) What about a muffler? Or should I even have one? I want it to be fairly loud, but not too obnoxious. The truck needs tires as well, any suggestions there? I want a tire thats fairly aggressive but not a mud tire. Needs to be good in the snow as I live in Minnesota. How about for chrome? Its already got a decent amount, but too much is never enough right? Whats good under the hood? Right now she's bone stock head to tail. Cold air intake yes or no? Anything else?? Aftermarket headlights/taillights? What's your opinion on a tailgate lightbar? Not looking to break the bank here but I'm not gonna be a tightass either. This is a picture of the actual truck. Thanks guys.

Old September 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome buddy, that's a good looking truck already! A neighbor here had Rampage LED lightbar which works good for about a year now, he just added high temp silicone on where the wire of lightbar came out.
Name:  PICT1533.jpg
Views: 4015
Size:  105.2 KB
Here's a pic of old friend's '07 vortec max, if I remember right its KM2 tire which looks fair and good for most terrain and lots of other tire options like Michelin LTX, Brigestone Blizzak, compare them Truck Tires
Old September 30th, 2014, 2:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a lot of chrome. I myself go for the colormatched look with hints of chrome, not a whole lot but hey you build a truck for you and no one else right?

On to your questions! Exhaust is personal preference. My dad has a 07.5 vmax with true dualed glasspacks. Sounds amazing to me. Very deep rumble, not loud inside at all just loud outside lol. He has em 45'd slash cut out the back. Looks good IMO. Lights what I would do is take the oem ones apart and pull the orange piece out and seal em back up. Makes for a very very clean look. Called clearing your headlights. Thought about a 2.5" levelin kit? Can be had cheap on eBay then throw some bigger tires under it. I live in Texas so not much a chance for snow lol. Cold air intakes aren't worth the money. Look up airaid and get their MIT kit with the airaid filter and the airaid intake tube. It's been proven to put out a tad more power than a full cold air intake. Performance I'd look into Longtube headers and a custom tune. At the very least a custom tune should be bought for every vehicle after it rolls off the lot. There's a lot left on the table with the conservative factory tunes they put on them.
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by country_09
That's a lot of chrome. I myself go for the colormatched look with hints of chrome, not a whole lot but hey you build a truck for you and no one else right?

On to your questions! Exhaust is personal preference. My dad has a 07.5 vmax with true dualed glasspacks. Sounds amazing to me. Very deep rumble, not loud inside at all just loud outside lol. He has em 45'd slash cut out the back. Looks good IMO. Lights what I would do is take the oem ones apart and pull the orange piece out and seal em back up. Makes for a very very clean look. Called clearing your headlights. Thought about a 2.5" levelin kit? Can be had cheap on eBay then throw some bigger tires under it. I live in Texas so not much a chance for snow lol. Cold air intakes aren't worth the money. Look up airaid and get their MIT kit with the airaid filter and the airaid intake tube. It's been proven to put out a tad more power than a full cold air intake. Performance I'd look into Longtube headers and a custom tune. At the very least a custom tune should be bought for every vehicle after it rolls off the lot. There's a lot left on the table with the conservative factory tunes they put on them.
I'd like to keep the cats completely intact, I made the mistake last time of cutting them out, so longtubes are probably out unless I decide to take it to a performance shop and have it done right. What's your opinion on shorties? Are they worth anything? Are the cats still on your dad's truck? Any way you could get me a video of it? How long are the glasspacks? And what is the orange piece in the taillights you're referring to? Thanks
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by gearbox
Welcome buddy, that's a good looking truck already! A neighbor here had Rampage LED lightbar which works good for about a year now, he just added high temp silicone on where the wire of lightbar came out.

Here's a pic of old friend's '07 vortec max, if I remember right its KM2 tire which looks fair and good for most terrain and lots of other tire options like Michelin LTX, Brigestone Blizzak, compare them Truck Tires
I'd have to agree with you that it's a good looking truck, thank you on the tailgate light bar I'll probably be getting a higher quality one, I've heard bad things about the rampage ones As for the tires, they do look really good but they also look like they'd roar going down the road. Thanks for the site it looks like it's got a lot of options.

Has anyone ever heard anything good or bad about Goodyear wrangler duratracs? Been cosidering those.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
CF Junior Member

How about for a tuner? Anyone ever used HP tuners? Thinking about teaching myself and getting one of those.