Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2014, 6:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amber N.
I will let you know how things proceed. So far so good.
Old November 13th, 2014, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2nd 2014 Silverado, same problems....

Well, got my 2014 Silverado back just about a week ago. The dealer had it for 4 weeks. During that time they replaced 2 complete rear diffs, 4 shocks, 8 Goodyear tires, 8 Michelin tires, and 4 Continental tires. Finally took the best 4 Goodyears OEM, got the road force within their road force specs and sent me on my way saying the problem was solved. Well back on the road this week and problem is still there. Took the lead tech and service manager for a ride and he said it was better, but I am still not satisfied.

So I am reaching out to the GM rep that monitors this site for help.. Could you please e-mail me at esporandy@yahoo.com and I will forward you the necessary information.

Since 1997 I have owned 10 Silverados putting an average of 30k miles per year. My partners and myself have purchased probably another 8-10 Silverados, 5 of which are still in service in our fleet.

We have had our share of issues, but this problem with my last 2 2014s had really stretched my patience to the breaking point.

It seems like GM has built a truck that is very tire sensitive along with internal drive line issues. Hopefully I can get some help...
Old November 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Sadly I've joined the list

Took delivery 10/18/2014

Traded in a '04 K-2500 Ext.Cab. with 49k, I wanted something that would fit into my garage so I replaced this
with a '14 K-1500 Reg.Cab Short Box WT/1 with the 4.3 V6.

On the test drive there was hardly any gas in it so I was not able to get to a highway speed, four hours later
I noticed the vibration on the way home and thought that it had flat spots on the tires, when I got home I looked
at the production date in the door jamb 8/2014 then I thought OK a weight must have fallen off so I drove
it until it had 201 miles on it and had some custom wheels installed. I mentioned this issue to the guy's @ Discount
Tires as they have done everyone of my vehicles for twenty years, when the stock wheels were broken down it
appeared that the proper weights were in place. shortly leaving the same vibration appeared I called my buddies and
they said bring it back. So I thought I'd put a few more miles on it then I got a call from the service dept of the selling
dealer reminding me of the 30 day service follow up that would just take a few moments while I wait so I asked about
this vibration issue and the short amount of time I've had the truck that only has just a tad over 400 miles on it.
I also explained that this was an issue since day one and what I'd done with the wheels. After the remark of " You can't believe
everything you read on web sites " I asked to speak to the Service Manager who asked me to bring the truck in the next morning
and he'd have a vehicle for me to use...Very cool ! this was on Thursday 11/13/2014 did not hear anything until 11/14/2014
@ 4PM I said that I could be there @ 9am Saturday and that I was. They were quite busy so the Assistant Service Manager had my
truck brought up front and asked me to go drive it. 15min later when I finally got to the freeway right @ 69mph same deal
went back and we talked to Service Manager and said keep the loaner we'll call you on Monday.

...Ahh what has happened to GM
Old November 17th, 2014, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Call came today that the truck was once again ready

Get there and take her for a spin and the exact same issue

Rode with the service director, He'll call me back
Old November 19th, 2014, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Desert SS
Call came today that the truck was once again ready

Get there and take her for a spin and the exact same issue

Rode with the service director, He'll call me back
Waiting for a Pinion Assembly to arrive
Old November 20th, 2014, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Desert SS
Waiting for a Pinion Assembly to arrive

Had not heard a peep in two day's, So I just happened to stop by

Seems the pinion deal did not go as planned and even more sadly the exact same stock unit sitting
on the hoist next to mine is a carbon copy of what my truck is experiencing.

The Service director and adviser were very detailed as to what has exactly been done up to this point
only by the blessings of GM Engineers

Since it has now been an entire week AFTER the second attempt to correct this issue,
To protect the Innocent ( mostly me ) I can honestly say the the dealer has exercised every
avenue allowed by General Motors and Chevrolet Motor Division. After all this is just a piece of
machinery developed, engineered, and sold by Chevrolet and for the amount of issues GM & Chevrolet
seem to be having on this ' vibration ' issue I do find it myself wondering, based on the information
I've received and the endless amount that is easily attainable on the internet, why my 08/2014 built
unit even has this issue

Unless an absolute miracle happens, I don not have a warm fuzzy feeling that I'll see my truck
for Thanksgiving in it's intended working order
Old November 21st, 2014, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update

Good Morning. I have an update on my 2014. The dealer put a complete differential in my truck and drove in with the engineer in the vehicle with his equipment. They said all was good. They had it cleaned up and full of fuel. I picked it up and went on about 1100 mile trip. The truck seemed to drive good with very minor vibration if any. About 400 miles into my trip I started driving one morning in zero degree weather and it drove like an old farm truck until the tires warmed up about 20 miles or so. It seems like after that the vibration is back. It isn't near as bad as before.... But it is noticeable. And I don't feel that I am being too picky. The dealer wants it back so the engineer can remeasure it! Again! I believe this will be the 11th trip to the dealership! I started a case with the Better Business Bureau. Funny thing is that GM Business Center called me the next morning and wanted to help me. I explained what has happened and I haven't heard back from them. I guess we will see what the engineer says this time.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jrey1969
I guess we will see what the engineer says this time.
I'm thinking that the dart board is getting smaller

Best of luck !
Old November 23rd, 2014, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Add me to the growing list of vibrating Silverados. Mine is a 2014 with just over 7000 miles. I first detected it the second day I owned it but attributed it to cylinder management dropping to 4 cylinder mode but now it does it even in 8 cylinder mode. Dealer has balanced the tires and stated it is now "smooth" but that is not the case. I keep hoping something will break then maybe they will be able to fix it. I will continue to monitor this site in hopes there is some resolution. Except for this issue I love the truck but the vibration is very tough to live with. The Rams are looking better every day!
Old November 24th, 2014, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Welcome artj

Another day and nothing new

I know my dealer has to contend with GM, but I'm getting to the
point that I've almost forgot what MY TRUCK looks like and my
garage is filling up with stuff I've ordered for it

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration