Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2014, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been posting on gm-trucks.com but thought I would reply here also. I have a case opened with GM resolution center and the Better Business Bureau. I have had the tires Rf balance, a front axle replaced, drive shaft replaced and just come back from dealer(without my truck) after they replaced ring and pinion. still vibrates. I took the service manager for a ride, he said he could feel it a little. we took his personal truck for a ride, it vibrated also. the 2014 loaner they gave me vibrates. I contacted the resolution center to let them know it still isn't fixed. Their reply was "We think this may be a normal operating condition" My reply was " Who in their right mind would want a vehicle that is normal to vibrate" It is not looking good for everyone having this problem!

GM- I hope you are going to notify anyone looking to buy these trucks that a vibration in the truck will be a normal condition. See how many you sell then.
Old July 31st, 2014, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Bad news folks. It doesn't get much better with the new ones either. Bought a 2015 3500HD 4x4 LTZ dually in March and had the high frequency viration around 70 mph. The dealer said that all 6 tires were out of balance both times I took it in. That was under 2k miles. Still have it after 6,000 miles but it's either not as bad or I just got so used to it, I don't notice any more. On the bright side, I probably won't get any speeding tickets with this one.
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

I am happy that I pulled out of that new vehicl. My 98 has 170,000 miles on her and still looks good I am the original owner. I am going to get the seats redone next week. I just noticed a little rust on the bottom of the door skin, so that will be taken care of too. Its better then getting beat on a new truck, so I will put in some little bucks now and drive her till next year or the following year Thanks to the Chevy problem.s Also I told a couple of friends of mine too to watch the chevy forum too. Thanks guys for the info

Last edited by 98k; August 1st, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado vibration

With the vibration problems the majority of us are having at speeds 45-55 and 70 and above it has to something common to all models even with different options. Something I mention to my service manager was the power steering control module which has software and referred to as Smooth Road Shake Compensation. Its made up with different sensors feeding back to a module to computer, with bad information from sensors to module to computer could cause it to over react and cause maybe the problem were having.( maybe too sensitive )My service manager knew what I was talking about, but he has nothing from GM. So if we have anyone from GM reading this forum or any of our members know of anyone with connections to GM maybe they could have this checked out.( They might have to rewrite new software for our trucks)
Old August 4th, 2014, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

I'm new to the forum and haven't been on here until I noticed a shake at 250 miles between the speeds of 60-75 and wanted to see what's going on. I'm completely alarmed about how many new trucks are shaking. I have a 2014 Silverado 5.3 V8 Z71. I called the shop when I first noticed the vibration with a resonance. The resonance mimics driving with one window down,(pressure waves) but all windows are up. They told me to drive it to 500 miles to see if it goes away. No Luck! Took it in the shop missing a days work. The dealer balanced tires. No Luck! It's still vibrating! Only 1,000 miles on it. The truck has been in the shop since last week. I can't believe Chevy would let this issue come off the line.
Old August 5th, 2014, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

I'm new as well to this forum but my goodness this vibration has got to stop! I've taken my 2014 Silverado to the local dealership (Preston Hood Chevy, Fort Walton Beach, FL) twice for this ridiculous vibration that I can feel between 40 and 50 MPH, and around 65. Yes, I have put aftermarket rims and tires on my truck but the shaking started right off the lot. I figured it just needed to be broke in... man was I wrong. The dealer has blamed the shaking on my aftermarket rims and tires both visits. Get this, the second time it went in for the shaking they wouldn't even look at the problem because of "the excessive amount of weights on my right rear tire". I was told that I needed to have my wheels road force balanced and bring it back when the weights are not so excessive. I explained to the lady that they were road force balanced when they were put on and also told her I felt like I was being denied "warranty service". Now mind you this is the same dealership that also denied to fix my Avalanche dashboard which was under warranty as well. I drove it 45 miles to another dealership which not only fixed my dashboard but had told me they get numerous vehicles from my area because no one want to visit Preston Hoods service department. I love my truck but I also expect to get a prime product for 55K. I'm pretty much taking the 3 strikes you're out rule with this issue. Lemon Law here I come!
Old August 5th, 2014, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Where is the Chevy Customer Care program? I have been watching this problem now because I would like to see how Chevy handles this problem , when you buy a 40,000 dollar truck and listen to what the dealers say for a lame excuse. Like I said before I almost bought one but held off too. I did tell couple about this situation and they are monitoring this too also acouple of couples couldn't wait and went another route cause they trailer a camper so they are loosing loyal customers too.
Old August 6th, 2014, 4:43 AM
CF Beginner

Sill not looking good, my truck has been sitting in the same spot at the dealership for a week now. They are not even attempting to work on it. But that's ok, just goes on the days for lemon law. now the battle begins.
Old August 6th, 2014, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Chevy Customer Service

Chevy Customers Service is a joke they will tell you to give Vin mileage and contact information then you will never hear from them again.

Last edited by wotjohn; August 6th, 2014 at 3:48 PM.
Old August 6th, 2014, 4:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandNewChevy
I'm new to the forum and haven't been on here until I noticed a shake at 250 miles between the speeds of 60-75 and wanted to see what's going on. I'm completely alarmed about how many new trucks are shaking. I have a 2014 Silverado 5.3 V8 Z71. I called the shop when I first noticed the vibration with a resonance. The resonance mimics driving with one window down,(pressure waves) but all windows are up. They told me to drive it to 500 miles to see if it goes away. No Luck! Took it in the shop missing a days work. The dealer balanced tires. No Luck! It's still vibrating! Only 1,000 miles on it. The truck has been in the shop since last week. I can't believe Chevy would let this issue come off the line.
Hi BrandNewChevy,

Please send us your contact information, dealership name and VIN so we can check with some of our internal resources about this matter. Sorry you're having this issue on your new truck, but we're more than happy to do some additional research on our end. Hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration