Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 Silverado Battery Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2014, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Silverado Battery Issue

I have a 2014 Silverado LT. If I do not start it within 4 or 5 days, the battery drains almost down completely. I had the same issue with a 2013. Does anyone have any ideas.
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

No ideas BUT I was wonderin about this also! I am glad you brought it up. I have been wanting a truck so I went to drive one and the battery was completely dead. The salesman said it had been sitting for a while an that happens but it shouldnt. Not on a new $40k vehicle. I thought it may have been a fluke or only tht truck. I was wondering if all of the trucks did it. Guess that one was not a fluke. Apparently it is a widespread problem. Thanks for chiming in
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Salem

I had the same issue. Intermittent.....
It turned out to be the ignition switch. I was able to figure it out one morning when I opened the door and the "key in ignition" warning bell was going off, even though the key was in my hand.

Hope you get yours fixed

Bill
Old May 10th, 2014, 1:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Salem,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Silverado. I would like to reach out to your Chevrolet dealership on your behalf. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 10th, 2014, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

I contacted Chevrolet Customer care. She is going to call Monday to find out what the scoop is with the service center. I will post again when she gives me some news.
Have a great day!
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixes for battery drainage

I brought my Silverado here to the dealer. They checked the battery and it works as advertised. They found some updates to the programming has not been done. They are going to update the programming and hopefully this will fix the problem. We will see.
Old May 15th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Salem Silverado
I brought my Silverado here to the dealer. They checked the battery and it works as advertised. They found some updates to the programming has not been done. They are going to update the programming and hopefully this will fix the problem. We will see.
Hey Salem,

We will be looking out for your update. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any further assistance with this.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 15th, 2014, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

I haven't had any battery problems with mine. I've gone as long as two weeks without starting it in the 6 months I've had it. That includes all of our rather cold 2013-14 winter. Just how many cases are involved in this "widespread problem?"
Old September 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Silverado Battery drains

I had a 2007 Silverado Z71 and foolishly bought a 2011 Silverado z71 and both of these trucks have suffered the same issues. I work from my home and do not drive allot. If I do not use the truck regularly at at least once every 4 or 5 days the battery drains to 0%. I have had both vehicles towed into the dealer and have heard the same story for both of them. There is a parasitic draw on the battery but they can never find it. I was never told I had to drive my truck twice a week when I bought it to keep the battery charged. I love the truck but this will be my last Silverado if it is not fixed. I have countered this situation with a booster battery box I keep in the truck. (SAD). If Chevrolet customer care knows a fix please let me know or this will be my last Silverado.
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

I have been forced to do the same. I bought a B&D trickle charger and mounted it permanently. I plug it in every other day if I do not drive. It is quite a pain and as with you, this will be my last Silverado.

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado Battery Issue