Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

91 silverado 350 knock sensor

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2005, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 silverado 350 knock sensor

i have a code 43 which according to my book is a knock sensor problem what is a knock sensor and is it the reason why it has been missing so bad lately
Old January 2nd, 2006, 4:43 PM
Administrator

Default RE: 91 silverado 350 knock sensor

what a knock sensor does, is adjust the timing to compensate for bad or low octane fuel. if youve ever driven an older V8 vehicle (usually carburated) and put very cheap gas in it, it will "knock". on newer vehicles, with the ever decreasing quality of gasoline, this sensor detects whether the timing needs to be adjusted to allow for proper detonation.
Old September 27th, 2019, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

my 6.0L is throwing Knock Sensor Bank 2 Low Input and Random/Multiple Misfire
Old September 29th, 2021, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

I moved my knock sensors to the front of the head on the passenger side and by the second spark plug on the driver's side. Running well with no codes for thousands of miles. Why remove the intake it you don't need to? Starting in 2007 GM moved the knock sensors to the sides of the block. Regardless what anyone tells you use AC DELCO sensors as any other ones will throw a code. I have friends who used other brands and they did not work. Amazon sells genuine GM knock sensors for 38.00 each. And if you want your knock sensors on the side of the block Jeg's sells aluminum mount blocks that attach to holes already on the side of the block to relocate the sensors there. They also sell a longer wiring harness that will connect to you connector at the rear of the intake manifold. To check a knock sensor with an ohm meter you should have 93K to 107K on your meter for a good sensor. Then you can put your multi meter on 2 volts and connect one lead to the sensor connector and the other to battery negative. When you tap on a metal part of the engine you should see a small voltage spike which shows the sensor is working. Light blue wire is passenger side and dark blue wire is driver's side. These test are done with engine and key off. The crystals in a knock sensor make their own voltage when vibrated.