Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pure unadulterated junk

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pure unadulterated junk

well, just bought a '07 craperado classic in sept '06. had 83 miles on it. has 13,000 now. i would call it a rotten grapefruit instead of lemon. lets see about the problems i have/had. besides the dealership that screws me repeatedly and is one source for the problems, here are more:
1. had to adjust suspension at 400 miles. leaning to one side. 2.5 inch difference. also had to getsome peice of metal removed from the paint!!!
2. SHAKING, all the time. 1200 miles when the dealership said it was fine.
3. SHAKING and pulling. 3000 miles. dealership said it was fine. called customer assistance to be put on hold for 8000 miles.
4. SHAKING, PULLING, brakes screaming, bad vibration from engine especially at 47 mph. 6000 miles. dealership said everything checks out o.k. Service advisor said that the shaking was probably "from the roads i drive on and they naturally pull to the right as a saftey feature and the v6 is gonna vibrate and there is nothing he can do about that." then he tells me, "even if they alignment was out of spec, the truck wouldnt shake." He did say that a muffler shop would put a "flex-pipe" on the truck to take away some of those vibrations that they could not fix because it was the v6. at this point i was pissed cause im being treated as if i was still a puddle of sperm somewhere and had not the first bit of natural common sense, besides the fact that i am ASE certified in engine repair, brakes, and steering. so i call customer assistance to try to get this crap resolved. this went on for about 4000 miles. finally thay send me a voucher to take to the dealership so they can align the vehicle w/out anhy cost to me (not that there should be?!?!?!)
5. SHAKING, PULLING, ENGINE VIBRATES. back to dealership for alignment. well, i get another service advisor. little chevy minions. guess what? front end is way out of specs. just as i have been saying!!! of course they say they cant repair it under warranty because of themileage! how about that. its all good because i ahd the magical little vocher from chevy to fix that. they kept it 3 days for alignment. said everything else checks out ok. no engine codes or anything.
6. SHAKING, VIBRATION FROM ENGINE, BRAKE ROTORS ARE WARPED AND FULL OF GROOVES, STEERING COLUMN IS MAKING CRACKING/POPPING NOISES AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST IT WONT RUN. HAD TO GET IT TOWED IN. JUST DIED OUT. yes, the truck just died slowing down at an intersection. approx. 12k on it . at the dealership i get all over them. they say to wite down all issues and they will resolve them. ha,ha,ha. they got it to start and run, but no explanation why it just died. they cut my exhaust and welded in a flex-pipe vibration damper that they were supposed to do a long time ago b/c of a "notice" they got along with other "notcies" about the column and brakes. it did help with the engine buzz. of course they said they didnt hear the popping/cracking coming from the steering column and they said the brakes were withn specs, and they couldnt repair them under warranty because of the milage. how about that? there are notices, but warranty wont cover the rapair? crazy. now i have a couple of more problems. I will never buy a GM product again. please feel free to reply to this and help my try to understand what to do about this, and i'd really like to see someones defense on GM's part.
Old May 8th, 2007, 6:02 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: pure unadulterated junk

If all the problems you list are legitimate complaints, I'd say you have a lemon and I would contact a lawyer or the state to find out what your lemon laws are. You have had more problems with that one truck then I've had with all the my 37 new vehiclescombined,over the last 52 years.
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. all i've ever owned was GM products. this is the 1st "new" vehicle i've purchased and i promise it will never happen again. i thought i was getting a good deal, but............... it is an 07 silverado classic. shortbed, single cab v6. i got it for 14,900. not a bad deal huh? think again. the sad part is that all of these things can be repaired and im sure the thing will be fine but the dealerships service dept. is crap. ill never buy new again, and on that note i think it'll be a TITAN. i'm hoping that by the grace of GOD i'll get a small cash settlement through the BBB from GM and i can trade it in, pay off the bank and get something worth paying for. I mean this had been a headache from hell. I make aroung $200 a day, so for everydayit has been at the shopit has costed me 1400 dollars to waste time getting nothing accomplished. I appreciate the reply. I'm a baby in this and not sure what steps to take, but hopefully the BBB will help me out. I do have gap insurance! hmmm, imagine the possibilities, he he.
Old May 9th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Are their any other GM dealers in your area? Some Dealers are crap. I have four here but I will only deal with two. Its all how there managed.
Old May 9th, 2007, 9:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago, there was a guy in Oklahoma Citywho bought a new car, a Ford I think, and it was one of those that just would not get right. This was before lemon laws existed anywhere. He painted big lemons on it and amessage about the problems andhis experience with the dealership, which he named. He was very careful to be factual and have everything documented. He drove it all over every day. The manufacturer tried their best to fix all the problems. When they couldn't, they bought it back from him.
Old May 11th, 2007, 7:21 AM
CF Beginner

there are 5 gm dealerships here. none of them want to take my truck. thereare only 2 chevy dealers, and they are both under the same ownership. there are 2 GMC dealers and 1 cadillac/isuzu , but they dont want any part of the thing cant say i blame them. now the only problem with the lemon law is that it may cost me more in attorneys fees than it would to take the loss on a trade in. i am setting up arbitration through the BBB. not sure how it will go, but its progress. ill let yall know..............
Old May 13th, 2007, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

that's horrible... those dealerships get service bulletins for most all of the problems you mentioned and are supposed to contact you and tell you bring ur vehicle in so we can fix these defects before they become problems and ur vehicle is then a POS... or at least that's how it worked at the GM dealership service departmenti worked at. they were always really good with fixing defects before they progressively got worse.. i think whoever owns those chevy dealerships you dealt with is a straight-up crook and you oughtabe givenanother brand new truck and any defect you encounter with it quickly resolved. the people running that service dept are complete idiots... if they just would have taken care of your problems under warranty they could only get paid by GM for it and create more work for their auto techs.... isn't that what they're there for? your truck should have been a warranty gold-mine for them, if nothing else... people are dumb
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

hines, you are soooo right. thats exactly how its "supposed" to be handled. The worst part about it is that there are a couple of things i mentioned to them that was wrong and the service advisor specifically told me that there were bulletins on these things and then call me the next day and say they found nothing wrong. WTF!!!!! If i complain about a problem and there is a bulletin out about it then why not fix the damn thing. Its just one thing after another with this thing. all they had to do is fix it the first time. its got almost 15 days in the shop and its not even a year old yet. I wish they would give me another truck. hell, if they gave me top dollar trade in, and a good deal on a new one, theid probably go for that.the only problem is i really dont want anything thing else from this dealer. so, basically............... pass the KY cause its starting to hurt! more than likely it not quite ready for the lemon law, and if it is, im sure itll cost me more in attorney fees than it would to sell it and pay off the bank. it's suday now and a chevrolet customer service rep is supposed to cal me back tomorrow so he can tell me that he stgill cant get in touch with the service dep. manager and schedule another call back. that will go on for a month or two. then ill call the dealership and ask if Mr. Navarre, the owner, isin and of course theyll tell me hes not, then ill ask for his voicemail, and then they will want to know what the matter involves, thenill probably say it is about a business mater id like to discuss with him and hopwfully after about 90 days or so i might be able to get an appointment with him.After that, most likely Ill have to go through the BBB. Then once things will be ready to proceed, magically mywarranty wil be EXPIRED!!!!!I do have GAP insurance, maybe ill blow it up and i wont lose a penny. Thats about the olny "logical sounding" thing i've heard.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TUNDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT BUY CHEVY OR YOU'LL BE FIGHTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 13th, 2007, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

A friend of mine bought the new 5.7L Tundra 6spd Tranny went out at 3000 mile he was towing 4 dirt bikes on a aluminum trailer. He was towed to the dealer trailer and all. When they checked the codes it said the truck has been towing to much weight ! Now Crapota doesn't want to honor warranty. That was a week ago and the truck is still in the shop while they argue.[>:]
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: crappy shakerado

hines, you are soooo right. thats exactly how its "supposed" to be handled. The worst part about it is that there are a couple of things i mentioned to them that was wrong and the service advisor specifically told me that there were bulletins on these things and then call me the next day and say they found nothing wrong. WTF!!!!! If i complain about a problem and there is a bulletin out about it then why not fix the damn thing. ...
Exactly... I don't get that.. they're not even supposed to try to verify the customer's complaint or issue with the truck if there is a service bulletin on that very issue. They're supposed to replace or repair the defective part mentioned in the service bulletin. It only makes them money because GM pays them to work on warranty vehicles... I'm starting to think that your dealership doesn't understand that concept or that maybe they're all on crack.. who knows? haha You could do like me and just buy an older restored rig... you won't have a warranty but it'll probably be more reliable anyway! haha