Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'98 Z-71 Driver door lock toggle switch

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2013, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 Z-71 Driver door lock toggle switch

Hey Folks,

Just jumping back into the Chevy world after a long stint with a few Jeeps in the driveway. Found a clean '98 Z-71 in MA for short money and just brought it home today.

I'm ironing out a few issues with the driver door, one of which is a simple issue with the rod that connects the door lock toggle to the lock mechanism. Basically, the forward end of the rod, where it inserts into the plastic door lock toggle isn't staying seated. It looks as if the small 'nub' that fits into the toggle that moves up and down won't stay connected. I'm not sure if there was a rubber piece that simply held the rod in the door lock toggle with friction, or if there is a circlip that's missing??

As of right now, if I'm sitting in the truck and go the move the lock toggle up or down, I can move it two or three times before the rod pops out of the lock toggle, rendering the toggle itself useless. Anyone know where I can find the little rubber insert, or circlip that's supposed to secure the door lock connecting rod to the lock toggle??? Looked at LMC truck, but they only show an entire lock toggle for $40.

Thanks in advance! Good to be back in a Chevy!