Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Adding Bose Console

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2013, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Bose Console

I have a 2007 Classic with the plain AM/FM/CD radio. I picked up a Bose equipped center console with the wiring harness included. The connectors that attach to the console and radio are obvious. I ASSUME that the white/beige 2 wire connectors at each end are for the door speakers.
My question is, near the radio connector, there is a white multi-pin male connector and a smaller black 3 wire connector. Where do they plug into? Lastly, the large square black connector. It appears that it could plug into either the fuse panel to the left of the dash or near the floor by the parking brake.
Clarification please
Old June 25th, 2013, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out and boy do I feel dumb!! I thought the console wiring harness was used instead of the basic harness. After tearing the dash apart again looking for the "missing" connector, I realized that the console harness is in addtion to the bascic harness. The original (non-console equipped) radio connector plugs into the console harness and a "new" connector on the console harness connects back to the radio.
The only thing left is to figure out the main connector near the fuse box. Both the fuse box and the terminal box near the parking brake have empty slots that this could fit into. Need to ensure I use the right one so I don't end up frying something.

Hopefully this helps the next person.

Chris Sr.