Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Chevy doesn't Back up what they sell!

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2013, 7:06 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy doesn't Back up what they sell!

I bought a Chevy Silverado 1500 back in Oct 2012 and have been having a problem with a high pitched noise coming from the radio display. It's like taking a hearing test where they play certain high pitched sounds to determine your level of hearing. Well imagine that you are constantly taking that test whenever you drive in your truck because that's what I go through every day. Now I have tried since Oct 2012 to have them take care of this problem. The radio has been replaced and the problem still exists more that ever. Their doublespeak is to say that "the vehicle conforms to GM specifications at this time". I have had it in the dealership 3 times to no avail. I have written letters to GM to no avail. I have open case files only to have them closed without my knowledge, I have attempted to use the Lemon Law but Chevy is clever ,the Lemon Law requires the vehicle to be seen at least 4 times and Chevy refused to look at it again after the 3rd attempt at a fix. So I say to anyone thinking about buying a Chevy product-DON'T!! Please don't. This has got to be one of the most unreal experiences I have ever had,
Old July 12th, 2013, 2:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Bring it to a sound guy. (stereo) 9/10 it is the antenna cable to close to one of the other wires.....Well that was what it was in my old burban)
Old July 13th, 2013, 9:19 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

yikes. sorry to hear.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Angry

1999 was the last chevy I will ever buy. They build cheap junk that doesn't last or they DO NOT STAND BY! The dealership didn't know me after they unloaded their truck on me. Endless problems that they wouldn't fix or tried to get out of!