Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This could actually be the worse forum that exist!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2013, 7:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This could actually be the worse forum that exist!!!

This place feels dead, like there are millions of lookers but no doers. Why have a forum if NO ONE can ANSWER questions....seriosuly, close down this section and delete it, cuz its a waste of time...
Old April 29th, 2013, 9:31 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by cheaperrooter
This place feels dead, like there are millions of lookers but no doers. Why have a forum if NO ONE can ANSWER questions....seriosuly, close down this section and delete it, cuz its a waste of time...
cheaperrooter

I hear what you are saying...
Shutting it down would not make sense as there is lots and lots of good info that as you pointed out gets looked over...views are a good thing

As for questions no one can answer, not everyone is an expert and many answers as based only on how someone has described the issue...if you don't understand the question how can you answer it... A lot of viewers don't always come back to post on there success or follow up one what else they did that did and didn't work...

I would point out though, that you have been a member since 2008 and only have 22 post... practice what you preach.... just sayin'
Old April 29th, 2013, 9:42 AM
CF Junior Member

I just want to point out that I've been on this forum for a grand total of like a week. In that time I can clearly see that there are plenty of people who aren't on here because they know how to fix cars or trucks OR even have problems with their own rides. Some people just like the idea that there can be this "community" in what you drive or are interested in. If you need somebody to give you the best idea of what's wrong and how to fix it your best bet is a shop or AutoZone. The internet and stuff like this is great but you can't expect everybody on here to be a Chevrolet certified tech.
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
CF Junior Member

I find it very ridiculous that there are people on here for reasons other than questions. People don't just hang out in community forums to waive at each other. Theyre on here for information, ideas, QUESTIONS. To assume that I should just bring my truck to an auto repair shop because nobody is qualified to answer my questions has to be the most absurd thing I've ever heard of!!!
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

People come here for ?'s, some so vauge, others detailed, and some so detailed they tell you what they bought at the grocery store then thier car wouldn't start.

I'vr been working on mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical stuff for decades. I've had to force myself to learn newer things due to neccessity. Becuase you don't get your question answered usually only means no one knows.

There are other forums you can visit that someone there might have the answer.
Old April 29th, 2013, 1:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do believe in your 5 or so threads you've made in the past week I've answered in all of them, and told you what you should do. If you don't take the advice then why should I post? I've been through this countless times with other members. I've only had my truck since 07(turned 16 then) but I can guarantee you that the tips I'm givin you are what you should do based on your questions you keep havin.
Old April 29th, 2013, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

"If you don't take the advice then why should I post? I've been through this countless times"

No offense, but thats a pretty stupid thing to say country. No wonder you've been through tis countless times before....cuz it only happens in your head, not reality!!!! Exactly where did I NOT take your ADVICE? No where, that where. And you DID NOT, in fact, reply to all my questions. See, words like that SOUND really great when you post them, but if they have no factuality backing them up, then they are just mere words that anyone can utter...
Old April 29th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol I've went through all the threads you've posted, half of them ask the same question, or along the same line about a lift/wheels/tires/gears/warranty. Somethin in there. I've answered your questions, yet this is the worst forum out there? Explain to me how that works. If you don't take what I tell you then I can't help you out anymore than I have. I can't make you do what I'm tellin you is best for you. If you think you should do somethin else then why ask what you think you should do on here anyways?

And no it does happen countless times in my head. I've given lots of advice on here to many people who come here askin questions and they always seem to listen to me as it turns out I kinda know what I'm talkin about

1) https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...944#post246944

2) https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...934#post246934

3) https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...814#post246814

4) https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...812#post246812

5) https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...787#post246787

I personally didn't comment on the last one posted here because the guy who did, I've helped many times and he's pm'ed many times about lifts/wheels/tires. But the other 4 ask basically the same questions and could've even been out into one thread so you don't clutter this forum. It's a smaller forum, but there are people here who know what they're talkin about. They may not get on here every day, but they'll get back to you.

Are there any other questions that I didn't answer you'd like for me to answer for you about this 2013 2500hd 6.0 with 4.10s that you want to put a bigger tire and lift under?

Last edited by country_09; April 29th, 2013 at 3:11 PM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 4:24 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

99% of folks that post are attempting to be helpful and are offering what they believe to be good advice weather misguided or not... If you truly need rock solid professional answers, it is best to seek that info through a qualified mechanic in your local area...
If at any time one feels the need to add the caveat "only respond if you know for sure, or are a professional mechanic or you've done it before" then the forum is probably not the best place to ask that question.

The forum is about asking questions and getting input from others on their thoughts and opinions on the matter, some will be right some will be wrong, the idea is to get a consensus. Everyone learns something