Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

My truck wont start. It will turn over no problem, but it won't start. Only fire a few times when I start to turn it over. But it won't start. Theres spark, fuel and compression. SO would the computer be getting false readings of when to fire the injectors and spark plugs? Also the check engine light is on but when I plug my code reader in to do a check it says no codes. So will I probably need a new ECU? I'm pulling the injectors out to see if there dumping too much fuel in at a time which would cause it to flood out.
Old February 10th, 2012, 3:53 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year is this truck?

Before this trouble reared it's ugly head, was that check engine light ever on solid when started COLD?

Allan
Old February 10th, 2012, 3:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, is the the same vehicle you've been working on for over a month now? You had something melted in the junction box and didn't know what the fuel pressure was, etc. You don't seem to be doing anything that's been suggested and yet why do you keep starting a new thread? Try going back to one of the threads so we have some sort of frame of reference.
Old February 10th, 2012, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did check everythng, I found out it wasnt the box, because someone put an external realy outside of the box, so don't tell me I haven't done anything. It is a 1996.
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do realize what I'm saying, don't you? "You don't seem to be doing anything that's been suggested " since you don't tell us what you've done. There was also a trouble code which you probably reset, wasn't there? Most codes won't be set until the engine had a chance to run. The "check engine light is on" with key on presently because the engine is not started.

"Theres spark, fuel and compression." How did you check for spark? What's the fuel pressure with key on, engine off? What are the compression numbers? Anything else that may be relevant?