Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Engine shaking...shudders while accelerating

Old November 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine shaking...shudders while accelerating

Hey everyone.So here's my awesome problem lol.I got a 92' chevy k1500 4x4 pickup with a 305.It has about 182k on it.A few months ago she overheated while my mom was driving her.Guess what?Mom kept driving till she got home.Anyways,I fixed the coolant leak and she stopped overheating.After I got that all taken care of a few weeks later the engine started sputtering when I would accelerate.I think it could be the EGR valve cause it looked a little sorry when I was fixing the coolant leak and I know at 182k the EGR could be bad.I just don't wanna go spend 82 dollars on a new EGR valve and not have that be the problem.Anyone else know what could be the problem?I't not loosing coolant anymore and it never leaks or looses oil.I've hardly had any problems with the truck.The only problem I've really had was the coolant leak.That's cause on the back of the intake manifold a coolant hose fitting had corroded and was hardly holding togeather anymore.Dang aluminum.Anyways thanks a lot everyone.Oh yeah by the way,when I get to a good cruising speed the shuddering stops and she runs about perfect.It's just when you accelerate to a higher speed in a short time.Thanks.

Anyone happen to have a 305 or 350 for sale about the same year(92) in the Duluth,Minnesota area?Let me know or something.I also got a 1979 400 chevy small block,two bolt main with just about every part for sale.Pretty cheap too.