Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I might buy a 2011 Crew Cab Z71... should I lift it 6"...?

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2011, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I might buy a 2011 Crew Cab Z71... should I lift it 6"...?

I am looking at buying a 2011 Siverado Crew Cab Z71. I found a used one with only 4,500 miles on it for a very good price.

I am thinking about getting it and putting a 6" Fabtech or Pro Comp lift on it with 35" tires. I just LOVE the way these trucks look lifed.

Do any of you have 6" lifts on your '07 - '11 Silverados? If so, I have a few questions...

1) How do these trucks drive with these lifts on them? I'm concerned that I won't like the ride, but I have no way to test drive it with the lift before buying it.

2) How bad does the gas mileage get with the 35" tires? I drive mostly highway / country roads. I don't do much "city" driving.

3) What are you doing to help get your MPG's back? CAI, exhaust, tunes, etc. Does this actually work??

4) Any idea what the axle ratio is on this truck? If not, how do I find out?

Thanks for your help. Here are some pics just for fun...

First the truck I am looking at...

Then an example of what I'd like it to look like...

Old December 14th, 2011, 2:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) The truck will drive great with the lift. Tires will make it a little bit more rough, but you can get bilstein adjustable shocks for your truck and it'll ride better than stock.

2) tires do play a role in mpg but when you lift it aerodynamics go out the window as well. I've seen these trucks get around 10-12 with a 6" and 35s

3) with the size tires you're wanting, re-gearin is gonna play a huge factor. I'd say re-gear, exhaust, intake and tune should get you a few more mpgs and net you some hp

4) axle ratio would be determined by the RPO codes in the glovebox
Old December 22nd, 2011, 7:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great truck, I have an 11 with a 7.5 suspension 3" body. It will ride just as good with the lift. I do highly recommend what I did though and go with the rough country 7.5 lift as the front components are as high quality as any other and much better than some for 1/2 the price then with the money you save toss the big blocks and get a set of 8" 2500 springs on ebay from top gunz. The bad factor is with the steering goemetry on these trucks if you want your tires to stick out (and who wouldnt wider is better) you cant go 35 without the 3" body lift too like I have (and I still had to trim the wheel well liner with -24 offset) but if you want the wheels tucked under (zzzz) suspension will work. Mileage now thats a bad topic for me right now, you have to change the gears. Mine has 3.07s and my mileage went from 21 to 12 with 35s but Im sure with 3.73s or lower it will get back up there. Hope this helps they are the best trucks on the market!