Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Increasing fuel eco and HP..Pulstar plugs?

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2012, 1:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Increasing fuel eco and HP..Pulstar plugs?

Since I have been working lots of OT and logging loads of miles as a result covering stores a couple hours away a few times a week, I decided it was a great time to put some of it into my baby. I have nerf bars , leveling kit and shocks from Rough Country and hood scoops waiting to be installed and turned my bed rails in on warranty as the tape did not stick them down for long - nor did the trim glue I tried (yes, surface was prepped first) and having those professionally installed soon as I get a day off... tomorrow picking up a spectre cold air return kit and spark plug wires...but trying to decide on spark plugs. Brutus is a 2002 with a 5.3 engine...has anyone with the same engine tried the Pulstar plugs? I have seen mixed reviews. Some say increase in MPG and HP, some say engine or other part damage (but those are from when the plugs first came out- so maybe they recified the issue that caused damage). So looking for anyone that may be using these or have tried them and your experience before I slam down $80 on a set.
Old August 20th, 2012, 1:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't use em. Stick with AC delco iridiums or NGK TR55 for a plug in these trucks. You won't notice a difference in them either way. Drivin style is the biggest factor, that and the tires you have on the truck.
Old August 20th, 2012, 7:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I agree but I would stick to the Delco iridiums to get 100,000 miles out of them.