Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LAMBO DOORS??? Expiriences, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2012, 11:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LAMBO DOORS??? Expiriences, Opinions?

Im Seriously considering lambo doors for my 11 Z71 extended cab becuase I dont see any jacked up trucks with them and it would stand out and look Badass! But Im kinda wondering #1 How well do they hold up? and #2 Does it make it any harder to get in and out of? Both are important becuase Im a construction superintendent so I get in and out 200 times a day plus I dont wanna hit my head all the time and get any dumber lol. Id appriciate any info becuase all I really see are ads and pictures no reviews and such...
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never had lambo doors, but i used to work at a wholesale car auction in las vegas and have seen quite a few cars with lambo door kits. Honestly, if you actually use your doors alot, I wouldnt even consider it. They are awkward to get in and out of, and if you ever have passengers, count on them trying to open it the normal way...over time the hinges get weak and they are just sloppy. Thats my experience with them, maybe there are better kits than I have seen.
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM
CF Active Member

They won't hold up at that rate. Plus most Lamborghini have regular doors and that fad is so last decade.

Personally I would go Suicide doors or Gullwing if I had to have something different. I know, I once had thoughts of how nice a sliding door like on a minivan would be on a truck.

But at your in and out rate you would be best off staying stock.
Old January 18th, 2012, 8:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks,Yeah Im thinking you guys are right along with everything else Ive read I doubt they'll hold up for me I gotta do something but I dont want to take a sawzall to it like my 99 Ram Quadcab CONVERTABLE (that was sweet but way too much work). Now gullwing doors thats an Idea, I could see those holding up better than cheesy triple process Lambo hinges, Anyone know where I could find those?
Old January 18th, 2012, 9:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

co-worker installed a set of lambo's on a cobalt SS. Looked great but reaching up to grab the door to close it while sitting in the car was impossible.
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

I would say go with suicide doors
Old January 20th, 2012, 1:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Its an extended cab so suicides kinda out of the question. I think Im still going lambo Ive read on alot of forums that the LSD kit will hold up and people swear by it but its the only one that will however its $1400 as opposed to the $300 I was looking at. Im not really concerned about the played out or out going trend aspect I just like em. I was obscessed with lamborghinis as a kid in the 80s just for the doors lol...