Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

More exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2012, 5:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More exhaust questions

i recently had to chop my flow master mufflers off due to them rotting out. so i decided instead of the dirty rattling and exhaust leeking sound id cut them off it was too rotten to weld again now im pretty much broke and the only exhaust that i can afford without compromising what i had. I would like to know if anyone or some one th know is , American Thunder Dual Rear/Dual Side Exit System and if so what they think of it. This is what i have found that i can afford and think id like in my price range. I also would like if anyone has any other recomendations on exhaust kits under 600.00 bucks
Thank you all for your time NICK
Old February 20th, 2012, 6:19 PM
CF Active Member

well if your worried about it rotting out then flowmaster isnt the way to go there alumanized and rots out fast you would want somthing stainlesssteel to stop that problem like magnaflow although it may not be as loud as you want but they do make round short mullfers the shorter the louder
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM
CF Active Member

I know the flowmaster rot out pretty fast thats what was on there but anything that is stainless is out of my price range im only 20 live check to check so i need something kinda cheap and i also drive a 7 hour trip every week so im not really into the super loud exhaust i just want it to sound good and mellow. If you know of a site with cheap or resonable stainless magna flows let me know.
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
CF Active Member

autoanything.com has universal magnaflow mufflers roud and oval bodys the mufflers range from 60-120 depending on the configuration your looking and they have free shipping and promo codes to take off 10% or more
dynomax bullets are only 60$ a piece and normaly there ok
Old February 22nd, 2012, 3:50 PM
CF Active Member

I am learning to like this forum and autoanything a whole bunch thank you very much Cpb200 i just orderd 2 of the magnaflow universal mufflers for a little more then half of the price for a new exhaust. Now just to be sure i can have them welded to oldder exhaust pipe right?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
CF Active Member

best to take them to an exhaust shop sence the mufflers might be shorter/longer than the older ones and there stainless steal so you need a certain welding machine to heat it to its right temp to weld but the up side is i wont rot out and sound great and no problem just happy i can help be sure to right a review on the forums to say how it worked out for you