Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help...Speedo STUCK!

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2014, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help...Speedo STUCK!

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. My speedometer is stuck and will not work. I've researched this problem for hours and everyone said replace the stepper motor..Did that. NO DICE. Still stuck. Someone said disconnect the negative to reset. Did that. NO DICE. Does anyone know what the heck is wrong and how I can fix it? Mechanic wants $500 to fix it and they send it out for repair. I don't have the money to have it fixed. Please help!!
Attached Thumbnails Please Help...Speedo STUCK!-unnamed.jpg  
Old November 21st, 2014, 9:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwheelfan03
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. My speedometer is stuck and will not work. I've researched this problem for hours and everyone said replace the stepper motor..Did that. NO DICE. Still stuck. Someone said disconnect the negative to reset. Did that. NO DICE. Does anyone know what the heck is wrong and how I can fix it? Mechanic wants $500 to fix it and they send it out for repair. I don't have the money to have it fixed. Please help!!
If you have replaced the motor and it still does not work look close at the motor connections and any circuit board traces, check all solder joints and anything that looks questionable re solder them.