Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 remote start re-program????

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2013, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 remote start re-program????

I have a 2013 2500 4x4 Crew Cab LTZ Z71 with the Duramax. It is equipped with remote start which is great. My question is, can the remote system somehow be programed so you can push a button and then remove the key from the ignition and leave the vehicle running. For instance, if I drove to the local stop-n-rob (7-11 store) for a slurpee and wanted to leave the truck running without leaving the key in it. I hate turning the truck off, stepping out and then activating the remote start to get it running again, maybe its okay with the new diesels but this wasn't such a great idea on the old ones and im having a hard time adjusting. Any thoughts?
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old September 17th, 2013, 7:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi nitrousnova,

Sorry-- but there's no way to keep the remote start going after driving and removing the key fob. Maybe try posting on another thread and see if any other members have any additional ideas for you. If there's anything else we can look into further for you please let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 17th, 2013, 8:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

In those situations where I want to keep the vehicle running but want to step away, I just leave the key in the ignition and use a detachable key ring and take the fob with me, locking the truck after I get out...
Typically I do it when the wife and or kids want to stay in the vehicle with the AC but I still lock it and open with the remote...

Discretion and evaluation of the situation is a must with leaving the key in ignition
Attached Thumbnails 2013 remote start re-program????-detachable.jpg