Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing "TEXAS EDITION" Badges

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2012, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing "TEXAS EDITION" Badges

I live in Texas and just bought a 2012 Silverado "TEXAS EDITION".

There are "TEXAS EDITION" badges above the "SILVERADO" badges on both front doors and also on the tailgate. I want to remove them. My Chevrolete dealership told me it would cost $150 to remove them and stated their might be gohsting/witness marks left behind becuase the truck is black. Does anyone have experience with removing these from a black truck? What were the results? Experience removing the Texas Edition badges?

I asked before I bought my "Texas Edition" truck what was special about it and understand the engine and exterior and wheel differences, but I did not get a clear answer if people can by the same truck in other states without the Texas Edition badging...I think it is just a Texas gimick to sell trucks. Any thoughts? I like the truck...not the gaudy badges. Also there is a high pitched constant ringing sound in the truck even with the engine off...I posted about that in a different thread (very annoying sound).

I would appreciate some help.
Thank you.
Old April 14th, 2012, 8:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To take the badges off you need fishin line and a 3m eraser wheel from o Reilly's. Run the fishin string behind the badge and use the eraser wheel on a drill and take the adhesive off. There may be some white ghosting marks but if you use a buffer they come out just fine
Old April 14th, 2012, 9:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have one for every southern state I think we have a Florida edition
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Texas Edition

I was told my a friend that had worked at a dealership, that this was one way to get more accessories for a package deal. I think in some states they call it a value pack.

I like the badges on mine. Since my truck is white, it may make a difference.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Old April 15th, 2012, 9:53 AM
CF Active Member

Every manufacturer makes a Texas Edition truck because they realize how proud Texans are and they know that for the most part they can take a base model pick-up and throw some stickers and embroider the seats and jack the price up.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was always wondering about that.
There are a bunch of vehicles in California that are a California edition.
What I would do is take a heat gun, heat the emblem up
But not too much so that you start removing paint.
Take a pair of pliers or channel locks to grasp onto it and slowly pull
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the replies. I seen a youtube video with someone using a heat gun and fishing line to remove them. He then used a 3M adhesive removal liquid to remove the tape. I am originally from Michigan and do not understand all the Texas hipe and that is largely why I want to take the Texas Edition badges off. They bother me. Thanks a lot.
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to Texas and the forum The ghosting shouldn't be a problem on a new vehicle, its only when the paint exposed to the sun has had time to fade, and then you remove the badges that you get ghost...

As for the Texas part...
Texas has the highest per capita number of trucks. A one in four Texans own a pick-up truck. There are 20 million people in Texas, that's a lot of trucks
Old July 7th, 2012, 8:15 PM
jkp
CF Beginner

hair dryer
Old July 7th, 2012, 8:17 PM
jkp
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by adam86107
Every manufacturer makes a Texas Edition truck because they realize how proud Texans are and they know that for the most part they can take a base model pick-up and throw some stickers and embroider the seats and jack the price up.
Where do you get your information??? Texas Edition GM vehicles give you a $2000- 4000 discount at the dealership.We just bought a 3500hd Sierra diesel and got a hell of a deal just because it was a Texas Edition . And embroidery is not included in all the vehicles.

Quick Reply: Removing "TEXAS EDITION" Badges