Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steer Wheel Audio Controls-2000 Tahoe Limited

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2013, 8:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steer Wheel Audio Controls-2000 Tahoe Limited

Hi. I'm a proud owner of a 2000 Tahoe Limited. I've seen photos where some of these Tahoes, Denalis, and Escalades have radio/audio buttons on the steering wheel controls. I would like to add this into my Tahoe if possible. I figure it's a matter of finding the buttons (probably from a dealer), pulling, the steering wheel and installing, and then wiring into radio. Anyone have any ideas on the possibility and difficulty? Thanks in advance.
Old April 15th, 2013, 9:14 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not that easy. The steering wheel switches input the signal to the body control module the the BCM sends the signal to the radio. You would need lots of parts and programing by the dealer. You would be better off installing an aftermarket radio with a remote.
Old April 16th, 2013, 7:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Its not that easy. The steering wheel switches input the signal to the body control module the the BCM sends the signal to the radio. You would need lots of parts and programing by the dealer. You would be better off installing an aftermarket radio with a remote.
oh goodness. i had no idea it was that much.. thanks for the info. i had read some other write ups on some guys doing in with success but perhaps there were some other details left out.