Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 4th, 2015, 3:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

streaming pandora with bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2012, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default streaming pandora with bluetooth?

Hello,
First time poster here!
Sorry if this is a repeat, I searched for an answer but couldn't find one.

I've hooked my Andriod phone to my 1500 so I can make calls but I can't figure out how to stream music from my phone with bluetooth. I know it has the capability because my phone navigation "speaks" through the speakers.
I don't want to hook my phone up with a wire.

Thanks
Old February 21st, 2012, 7:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I don't believe you can stream Pandora through Bluetooth. Both the stereo and the smartphone must support A2DP. I know you can hook it up via the auxiliary input jack on the faceplate or a USB port located in the center console or dashboard, depending on which Silverado you have.

You may also want to check that the Bluetooth for Automotive option within the app is selected to On. It should be located in the Preferences menu within the Pandora app.

If you need additional assistance, stop by your local dealer. They should be able to assist you further.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
CF Junior Member

you would have to get an aftermarket head unit i believe that does support it?

does anyone know anything about this radio on amazon

Amazon.com: Chevrolet Silverado 07-12 S60 In Dash Double Din Touch Screen GPS Navigation Radio: Car Electronics
Old November 18th, 2012, 9:39 PM
CF Active Member

Hey Guys, I just upgraded my stock nav system for a Pioneer AVIC 940BT. SO MUCH BETTER. Not only can you listen to Pandora via bluetooth but you can control it via Blue Tooth as well. SO Many options.

A copy of a review I posted on another tread:

Thanks BlkonBLk. I kept looking into doing the up grade. However, I noticed that my stock nav sucked. It kept taking me the long way. I looked into getting a newer nav cd but everyone said that it really wouldn't fix it.

So, instead of spending the money on the new nav Cd ($100),a new VCM ($250 - assuming no problems arise), oh I needed a back up camera to make hooking up to the camper easier ($150 ish). I decided to try aftermarket. My local stereo shop hook me up with a pioneer AVIC 940BT. It has nav (which is much better than the GM system. The Blue tooth is awesome. Phone conversations are great and perfectly clear on both ends. Unlike the VCM update, the pioneer allowed me to download my contacts so I can do everything from the radio without touching my phone. Additionally, this radio will control my phones music apps. So, Pandora and my media player are completely controllable via the blue tooth connection. I can change albums, songs, and even Pandora stations all from the radio.

The stereo shop also hooked up my steering wheel controls (for the cost of a adapter cable. They work great!!!

This radio has a micro SD slot where I can install my music and play it from there.

I also had a rear view camera added. A must for repeated hookup to a camper. This radio not only automatically turns on the camera when I am in reverse. But, there is setting where I can constantly watch the rear camera if I want to monitor the camper. And when backing up, the video is displayed on the radios 6.2" screen (the in motion view is displayed on a split screen with the nav).

OH did I mention, I can operate ALL the functions while the truck is in motion. No more having to stop just to change a nav location or try and add a way point. God that was so frustrating.

So, I decided to spend a little extra on the radio. Ok, Alot extra (Radio, GM needed adapter for the computer, wiring harness, steering wheel controller adapter, and rear view camera) was was $ 1200.00 total cost. But I figure I can take this radio and put in any truck I want. The added options vs what limited options I would have had with the VCM option are well worth it to me. Especially while towing a 8k camper. It is much safer to deal with the car stereo, via the steering wheel controls, vs having to mess with my phone all the time.

I hope this is helpful.

Eric