Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 2500HD Muffler choice??????

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2012, 9:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 2500HD Muffler choice??????

Hi i have a 2007 2500hd classic.... right now i have the exhaust cut off just at the rear of the cab it is dual exhaust from the manifolds back so i have the two 2.5" pipes there and i wanna put a dual in dual out muffler on..... i want something loud and aggressive sounding but i dont want it too sound raspy or too crackle.... im trying too decide between the cherry bomb extreme and the flowmaster super 40, witch would sound better? or is there another muffler out there that is better? also i thought about making the tailppipes larger like 3 inch and im not sure if i wanna go straight out the back or right out the side in front of the rear tire??? and do tips alter the sound?
Please help!!!!!
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my truck is the same and if its 3 inch dual pipes to one muffler but i could be wrong and if i remember right the only thing cherry bomb makes di/do is the vortex i wouldnt recomend the flowmaster my personal opinion magnaflow makes some di/do and depending the length will depend the loudness you could always run two mufflers like a dynomax bullet or magnaflow round muffler on each pipe and add a h-pipe to balance the pipes and gives it a louder sound as compaired to a smooth sounding x-pipe

if your pipes are 2.5 then keep them that what to big of a pipe with dual pipes can loose low end power which some of us like
if you go staright out the back it will be quieter than coming out behind the tires because straight out puts the sound behind you while sides bounce off of stuff makes an echo and more noise and as far as all the videos ive seen the bigger tips makes the sound deeper but oversized tips sound dumb dual 4inch tips sound good

hope this helps