Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Time to start...

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to start...

Hey everyone! I've no idea if I'm in the right place or not, but I guess I'll soon find out. I bought my 1997 Chevy Silverado C-1500 from a neighbor towards the end of my senior year of high school. Coming from a family full of Dodge owners and being a die-hard Dodge fan myself, this hurt me. So needless to say I had every intention of trading it in for something different as soon as I could. But over the past few years I've realized that I'm going to be stuck with it for quite a while, so I figured I'd start to fix it up and turn it into something I'm proud of. I'm already planning on getting some new rims and tires for it, along with getting it painted black and possibly dropping it a bit. What are some other common things that I can do to it? I know little to nothing about the after market for my truck so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Time to start...-driver-side.jpg   Time to start...-front-driver.jpg  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 7:19 PM
CF Veteran

theres no difference between dodge or chevy as far as aftermarket, they're both a big name thats been around a while if 1 has it the other will too
Old May 24th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Let me rephrase that a little. I know roughly what is available aftermarket wise, but I've know idea where to start. What are somethings that people do to this kind of truck first? What are some trusted sites/vendors that I can get stuff from? Those sort of things. As I said I know roughly what I want to do with my truck, I just have no idea where to start.
Old May 24th, 2012, 6:39 PM
CF Veteran

lmctruck has just about everything you'd ever need but its a bit pricey on some things