Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tinted mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2013, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted mirrors?

I've been trolling here a while but have never posted. Now I need some help.

My '05 Sub recently started intermittently darkening the driver's side and rear view mirrors (at the same time). One minute they are tinted like sunglasses, then they're normal. In the 8 years I have owned this vehicle, I have never noticed the mirrors changing color at all, now they're freaking out. The passenger side doesn't do it although that one intermittently won't react to the adjustment switch... then it will. I have the heated mirror option but why would that effect the rear view if it malfunctioned? I'm open for any and all ideas. I also just picked up an intermittant noise in the front end. No vibration, no strange feeling in the steering wheel, performance is normal. I stopped on the side of the road last night because I thought the wheels were going to fall off. It makes a loud clicking noise like a CV joint but then without changing speed or terrain, it stops, like you turned it off. 15 minutes later it comes back on for 5 minutes. I suspected maybe a plastic valance came loose and was flapping, but there are no signs of anything abnormal underneath.

I just replaced my '01 E150 because it had 287K on it and I was starting to worry about it's dependability, maybe I replaced the wrong vehicle.

Thanks in advance to all that reply,
Rick